Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,148 REPLIES 3,148

ruffolive
Making moves

I don't want this! This is something I am avoiding like the plague! No! Just no! This is such an out of touch suggestion.

mechhands
Making moves

Hi. We don't want this.

dnefjencnsnfn
Making moves

Firefox is basically the last search engine where I don’t have to see incorrect suggestions from a useless “AI” chatbot that nobody wants, needs, or uses. It’s one of the reasons why I use Firefox. Please don’t encourage the type of misinformation that AI integration into a search engine makes inevitable. 

qthewhatever
Making moves

please do not do this terrible thing. do not use generative AI, do not support it, do not endorse it. you're SO GOOD, you're above this. this would make me less happy with Firefox.

daks
Making moves

I want to tell you a story of an engineer who started in 2002 and who was a user of Mozilla suite -> Phoenix (from version .5) and later Firebird. I remember all the renaming that took place and was always on the Mozilla company side.
Unfortunately, that's not true anymore. The latter course changes made me switch the default browser I advertised for all my non-tech friends for the last two decades. I cannot recommend Firefox anymore; it keeps adopting the worst possible approach from case to case.
Recently, I was shocked to see the amount of changes I need to implement to any new FF installation:
"Things to disable on ff:
dom.private-attribution.submission.enabled set false
browser.shopping.experience2023* set false
extensions.pocket.enabled set to false
browser.preferences.moreFromMozilla set to false
browser.ml.*
*weather*"
The LLM **bleep** was the last straw. I migrated to Librewolf yesterday. Knowing the Mozilla CEO's position, I do not even ask Mozilla for changes — they effectively resist the arguments and state that they do precisely what their userbase want (which is false, especially taking into account the amount of responses in this thread) - I'm asking every user of the Firefox to migrate! Librewolf, Fennec, Waterfox, name it! There are a lot of good offsprings with a policy Mozilla adhered to 20 years ago.

P.s.: Personally me's waiting for maturing of servo/verso!

galaxias
Making moves

please don't, firefox is unique with its lack of ai integration and i specifically avoid other browsers and use firefox for a number of reasons, but a big one is because ai is famously unhealthy for my privacy and data protection. firefox adding ai, even optional, would make me consider finding another browser.

Darkrainbow
Making moves

NO. AI already wastes so much water and power and has been shoved down our throats enough we do not need another useless AI feature that no one wants, LEAST of all from Firefox, the one thing on the internet I feel like I can trust

Kelso
Making moves

Hey
Don't **bleep**ing do that

Deno
Making moves

If you integrate this I will not be using the browser ever again. From the hoards of copyrighted material used to train AI to the misinformation to the privacy violations, I love that AI doesn't follow me to this browser. I have dropped a number of other services due to AI being implemented so I won't hesitate to do the same for Firefox.

DO NOT implement AI.

Neo28
Making moves

No. Please don't do this. No one wants it and anyone in your meetings who is telling you people do are lying to you. Keep AI off firefox.

jellydrag0n
Making moves

What the **bleep**? Don't do this. Seriously. Firefox is one of the last respectable browsers, don't trash it. Becoming a laughing stock and throwing your reputation in the trash isn't worth whatever you guys are getting out of this.

CaptainPensive
Making moves

Firefox integrating AI, which is not only guaranteed to be trained on unethical sources, and likely to compromise what little privacy we have these days, but will also consume more power and water than a small town, is so incredibly unethical and against what Firefox claims to be, that I will be looking for alternative browsers.

I have zero interest in using AI, and I want nothing to do with it. I'm downright concerned that you, of all people, are willing to consider it.

Blobbi_The_Fish
Making moves

Words cannot express how genuinely uninterested the average browser user is in AI at best. Using generative AI is against everything Firefox is supposed to stand for in terms of privacy and unobtrusive browsing- One of the main reasons I use Firefox is because it is one of the only browsers left without this garbage. Please reconsider adding this pointless feature that scrapes data and regurgitates the scraps back at you.

Quickbeam27
Making moves

Please no AI please

Mars0
Making moves

No, please do not add this ai to firefox

Kay-Kim
Making moves

if this is done, firefox will be no better than google. don't you **bleep**ing dare. also what's the point when your users will make an extension to delete it ten minutes after launch. don't. even. **bleep**ing. think. about. it. DON'T.

Byrdie
Making moves

AI Integration in other products has been a disaster, especially for search engines - AI engines hallucinate information and are designed to prevent users from visiting sites with further information. I am strongly against the use of neural network integration as a part of any search engines, as it goes against the core concept of using a search engine (as in, using it as a directory for other websites). Please do not integrate generative AI/Neural networking into Mozilla. You will lose the swathe of customers who are using your engine specifically because it doesn't have any AI/Neural networking features.

This!! "AI" features are a race to the bottom for peoples' minds. Things being quicker is not worth anything if the quick results are inaccurate or spreading misinformation.

Voideful
Making moves

Please don't.

ducklin
Making moves

no thank you.

brainwrms
Making moves

no, please god no, ill switch browsers if i ever have to deal with another stupid piece of ai bull**bleep** im so serious

TollingBells77
Making moves

Please don't implement this, it's not worth the resources it uses or the time you'd have to dedicate to it.

Linatic
Making moves

No thank you! The reason I use Firefox is to avoid the ai 😄

ESCorble
Making moves

No.

AI is a scourge, both to human intellect and to the environment. Don't lower yourself by forcing it on others- WE DO NOT WANT AI.

ratkingsocks
Making moves

I've been using firefox for a long time now, basically since high school (I'm now a college graduate). Top of my to-do list when setting up any device is installing firefox and getting it all setup instead of whatever web browser comes default with the device. I can safely say that if AI is implemented into the browser I will be uninstalling firefox from all of my devices and simply... finding something else.

Please do not do this

Liz
Making moves

Hell no. generative AI is expensive, terrible for the environment, and doesn't even work well and mainly produces garbage and i cannot believe you are even trying to add it.  Stop while you still can before you piss off your userbase.

Kiki_Coconut
Making moves

Absolutely No Thank You

Kiki_Coconut
Making moves

No. It's a terrible idea, and FireFox not implementing it like other browsers is the reason why I still use it.

conqueror_worms
Making moves

Absolutely do NOT add an AI feature. God. Do you want to stay the better browser in a world of lacking security? Don't integrate a useless feature that'll be out of sight out of mind in another 5 years. Firefox is fine as it is.

RB2C
Making moves

Do not waste time or money on this. You will not be able to meaningfully stand out or compete at scale with your current funding compared to similar products. You can't afford to join them, so go back to beating them and leave your sub-para data-grab off this service.

kasarian
Making moves

Hi! Loyal Firefox User Here. I will actually just as easily drop this goddamn browser as fast and desecrate its name as soon as any AI bull**bleep** is integrated officially. I can and I will. Most of us will. If the higher ups don't listen to the users, it will become reality. 🙂

Glottal
Making moves

Please don't.

ferretdog
Making moves

Please don't do this. I literally only use Firefox because it doesn't integrate AI. If you guys are doing this I might as well just switch to Opera or literally any other browser that uses AI

malamutesandowl
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT. i use firefox because you do things much better than any other browser, respect our privacy, and actively work against the idiocy big tech companies are doing nowadays. do not add ai to this perfectly fine browser. if this becomes permanent i will switch instantly.

astralnautical
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT. i will switch browsers if ai is implemented.

kalternet
Making moves

no thanks, ai is hot garbage.

aureus2010
Making moves

OH GOD NO

kuromiy2k
Making moves

No <-Bold for intensity, one of the big things that brought me back to Firefox was the freedom away from AI and Crypto, if either of those ever get forced into my experience I would have to just uninstall and find a different browser

starpupash
Making moves

dear god no

hulludragon
Making moves

For the love of god DO NOT! Ai is making everything worse by the second. The browser is just fine without it and it will not add anything good to the site. so simply just drop it and move on.