Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,147 REPLIES 3,147

xviiichild
Making moves

please dont do this. it is not helpful, and the results that can happen are often highly inaccurate and sometimes harmful.

Zentilde
Making moves

For the love of god PLEASE  don't go through with this

Not only would this be a massive PR mistake (As it should be hopefully apparent). It would be a complete failure productivity wise, especially considering the recent train-wreck that was google's ai service.

Ramix
Making moves

@asafko wrote:

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

PLEASE GOD NO

millionspiders
Making moves

gross, yuck, please don't

ja19am
Making moves

Firefox absolutely does not need any sort of ai features. Firefox, as it is now, can still be the consumer's top browser pick by understanding the harm it causes to independent human creators.

Fox4
Making moves

I decided to move to Firefox and recommend it to my friends cause I thought it wouldn't resort to this kind of scummy, useless features. If it's implemented, I might as well just go back to Chrome for all the difference.

huntchaser
Making moves

AI is unethical and unsafe! No thank you!

InkSphynx
Making moves

NO AI
I DO NOT WANT AN AI BROWER I WANT RESULTS THAT ACTUALLY EXIST
NO AI
NO AI
NO STINKING AI

MossOnARock
Making moves

**bleep**- i was holding out hope that mozilla would not cave to the trendy vacous ineffective ai nonsense 😕

divian
Making moves

No, every single program, website and company that has been using ai makes the experience we go to them for so much worse, please I've been a firefox supporter for so long and want to continue being able to support this browser

LeeBee
Making moves

Please, this is one of the only good browsers don't start copying other browsers because we all know people go to Firefox to escape the capitalistic monopoly style of everything being the same **bleep** every day. Don't conform. Don't do this. It's so unnecessary

Jenny08
Making moves

Please please please NO!!!

righthandlight
Making moves

Hugely disappointed to see this. I've come back to Firefox after Chrome and Opera both started using AI and generally loved it, even getting many of my friends and coworkers to switch. Now I feel like I led them in the wrong direction. As a librarian privacy is a core tenet of my work and AI is an inherent privacy nightmare- not to mention the huge ethical, copyright, and environmental issues with the technology. I used to work in captioning in LLMs and know very well their failure modes. It's very disappointing to see Firefox falling prey to the same pressure to add the latest shiny new thing without taking into account the major issues with the tech as it stands.

alexshine
Making moves

I'm loyal to Firefox because they provide the services and safety I want, but if AI is added I'll find another browser to use instead.

Please don't implement this, or reverse it ASAP. No one wants more bloated AI programs that are making the internet worse and less safe (literally telling people to eat glue) and ruining our environment, that's already going downhill.

maxcrow
Making moves

Please no AI. That stuff just sucks so bad. Browsers have no need for AI. It adds nothing

morbgan
Making moves

Surely you've all seen the backlash from all across the internet to even think about implementing this, especially after seeing how much Google's search engine has deteriorated if you have no plug ins.

Jamie_k
Making moves

Please keep AI out of my firefox 👎 it's bad for the environment, it plagiarizes the writing of others, and it spreads misinformation

E_Q
Making moves

Please don't add AI to Firefox at all. Firefox is the last bastien of sanity between the lawlessness of lesser known browsers and the "big brother" of chrome and it's cohorts. I don't want to have to leave behind Firefox too. But I absolutely will if AI is added permanently to the browser.

FyreNWater
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT. At best, artificial "intelligence" is a shallow imitation of things copied from humans. At worst, it's theft, disinformation, and actively destroying the environment. It doesn't belong anywhere near Firefox.

SofieeToast
Making moves

Do NOT add ai to the Firefox browser. Please and thank you.

fuffboi
Making moves

no

rosencrapz
Making moves

what if you didn't though? AI is actively detrimental to the internet and the environment. It's going nowhere.

redrobes
Making moves

Do NOT add generative AI or AI chatbot integration in your privacy branded browser. AI chatbot automatic integration as a base feature would make me look to other browsers to use.

alyniua
Making moves

NO

csquid
Making moves

HELL NO KEEP THIS ABOMINABLE INTERFERENCE FROM OUR BLESSED BROWSER

TedlyAnderson
Making moves

This is the worst and dumbest possible thing I could have heard about Firefox. I cannot tell you how much I hate the idea of having AI in any way integrated with the last major browser that isn't universally awful. Please remove this feature immediately and cease all research into AI integration. This sucks.

ZallisWarris
Making moves

As a huge firefox fan and a general person on the internet- honestly, fully, just no. I cant imagine a single thing that AI would help with, unless translation- which, your programs are already very very good at, if only needing syntax improvements in small languages!!! Adding AI would be unescessary, and a waste of YOUR money, time, efforts. Every possibly nescessary festure for user comfort and work you already provide in such a beautiful user friendly way to navigate. Cant thank you enough for making it so.

Mozilla Firefox is a perfect browser as it is! It doesnt need any AI. im a firm believer that firefox is unique and usefull in a chromium-dominated market. You are unique and falling to this trend of unescessary AI just wont bring anything good, especially as we have witnessed it failing everywhere else- unnable to say how many letters there are in "strawberry",advising searching users to drink urine for gallstone problems, generating images that are used to spread lies out of databases of original artowork and photography that get no credit, text that is plagiarism at best and dangerous misinformation at worst..

Why not put your efforts into more beautiful projects like Common Voice? I really, really like that one, i contributed a lot with my language. I think your teams have a lot of ambition, but AI is just.. not the path that would being them satisfaction of a job well usefully done. The fad of AI will soon pass as its only further proven to be effectivelly without meaning good purpose and itll be wasted time, effort, resources, dimly and unescessarily polluting the enviroment in the process. Please, for all what its worth, rethink this 😞

Knight0Light
Making moves

Dear Firefox,

I am greatly disappointed to hear this.

In my eyes Firefox is the last great internet browser, one that acts as a true tool to grant users as much freedom as possible, and allows them to access the internet - the sum total of human knowledge, and our species's greatest asset.

AI, in its current state, does not serve this grand purpose. Instead of enabling users greater freedom to explore information, it constricts their access to said information. "don't get up" it says, "I'll access that information for you" it lies, before handing you a plate of microwaved data that LOOKS like information. Such tools instead act as a barrier to information, something you have to get PAST in order to gain the freedom of information that search engines provide.

Adding this feature to firefox does not serve to make firefox a better search engine, it does the opposite. I understand that there is currently a lot of hype around AI, but as someone who works in tech, I can promise you that it's actual value is limited to specific use cases, not degrading the functionality of search engines.

plesiosaura
Making moves

Lifelong Firefox user here and I'm just.... gutted to hear this. I didn't think Firefox of all things would give me cause to lose trust in them like this. Incorporating AI benefits no one, causes plenty of harm, and there's no need to normalise it being available when most of us are actively trying to avoid having it creep into every part of our lives. It's optional to start with but that's not reassuring.

I really don't want to look for another browser, but it's starting to look like I'll have to.

Acfanon514
Making moves

NO NO NO NO NO.  Why am I using Firefox if youre just going to do all the same **bleep**ty things as other browsers? If someone NEEDS to use ai for something they can do the same as any other person who has a regular use tool and bookmark it. You have a savvy enough user base - the small percentage who actually would want this can create an addon set if they want it bad enough and you can keep Firefox free from ties and maintaining a feature that really, isnt that useful and has a lot of negative reprecussions as a whole.

penosh
Making moves

DO NOT DO THIS!

OtterlyLex
Making moves

**bleep** no

H34th3nsAgainst
Making moves

Hi,

Please don't do this. It serves no function and is killing our planet faster. I love firefox but I will abandon it immediately if this is implemented. Please plseasplease

dwarfmun
Making moves

Please don't integrate AI. I would switch browsers.

Pd867
Making moves

Please no. I do not like the feature. Be the unique, amazing , service you are.

sscyross
Making moves

There's a reason we use Firefox; it isn't so we can plug all our hard work into the plagarism machine. Firefox is meant to be the browser for privacy and simplicity, not for awful AI-generated slop. Get rid of it, or lose your main demographic. It's very easy to move browsers, and there are plenty that won't do this to their userbase.

ShyestBerris
Making moves

AI is just a Fad at this point. If you want your userbase to stay I suggest you keep out of AI stuff.

Dinofeino
Making moves

I would hate for this implement. AI is in part destroying our planet as well as stealing data from users. It would be providing nothing unique or helpful for me. I would prefer this not be an option at all! I choose firefox to have some privacy in a world where my information is for grabs, but it looks like that won't be a choice either.

reddraven
Making moves

hey please don't do this. i love firefox and all that u guys do and it isn't worth it to **bleep** it all up with ai. nobody wants ai. nobody cares about ai. ai does not add anything meaningful other than a word vomit button. it's the "lies your older cousin tells you" machine. please.

ruffolive
Making moves

I don't want this! This is something I am avoiding like the plague! No! Just no! This is such an out of touch suggestion.