cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google practice in terms of advertising

Azerty
Making moves

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know about a Google advertising practice I've experienced over the past few months. Google displays ads on Youtube Premium when you use Firefox for Android. The ads appear in the "Short" section of Youtube and say that if you want to buy a product you see in the current video, you can download their app. I contacted Youtube Premium support because there shouldn't be ads on Premium and they told me to download Chrome or the Youtube app to solve this problem. So if you pay for Premium, they still show "ads" only if you use Firefox... Maybe it's just me, but I don't think this kind of practice is fair or acceptable.

Thank you for Firefox and Mozilla's work for a healthy and open Internet.

2 REPLIES 2

amanitamc
Making moves

If you are in the EU, I am VERY sure this is against the Digital Markets Act as an anti-competetive measurement.

Btw, use Grayjay.

Yes, I'm in the EU. Google is content to play with the rules and take advantage of certain lacks of clarity. And above all, they doesn't take the time to correct something that would help its competitors. I asked them if this complied with EU regulations, but they stopped answering 😉 They just don't care.