cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated to Firefox 115.15esr - ChatGPT and DALL-E NO LONGER WORK!

SWDFX
Making moves

I recently updated to Firefox 115.15esr and no I can no longer access my ChatGPT or DALL-E that I have been using in Firefox for the last year. This is a serious problem as I am in the middle of a project and am now dead in the water. Why is this happening and is there a fix or when will I see a fix? See many complaints about this!

Upgrading to a new machine in a few weeks (currently on a MAC running OS X 10.14) BUT I am completely screwed at the moment and I have a deliverable in the next few days!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Diane W.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, this workaround is just what I needed...worked perfectly:

This script is a Tampermonkey user script, and it’s meant to be added via a userscript manager like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey. These extensions allow you to run custom scripts on specific websites. Here's how you can set it up in Firefox: (PS:  I used Tampermonkey not Greasemonkey)

Steps to Install the Script in Firefox:

1. Install Tampermonkey Extension:

2. Open Tampermonkey Dashboard:

• Once Tampermonkey is installed, you’ll see its icon (a black square with eyes) in the toolbar.
    • Click on the icon and select Dashboard.
  3. Create a New Script:

• In the Tampermonkey dashboard, click on the + (Create a new script) button.
    • This will open the script editor.
  4. Paste the Script

• Remove the default text in the script editor.
    • Paste the following javascript...

// ==UserScript==

// @name Intl.Segmenter Polyfill for ChatGPT
    // @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
    // @version 0.2
    // @description Fix missing Intl.Segmenter in Firefox ESR
    // @match chatgpt.com
    // @grant none
    // @run-at document-start
    // ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    if (typeof Intl.Segmenter === 'undefined') {
    Intl.Segmenter = function() {
    return {
    segment: (input) => [{segment: input || 'fallback'}]
    };
    };
    }
    })();

5. Save the Script
    :
    • After pasting the script, click the File menu (top-left) and choose Save.
    • The script is now active and should run on chatgpt.com

Good luck to everyone who uses this, and thanks again to Agentvirtuel for pointing us in the right direction !!!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

vegman
Making moves

I'm having the exact same problem with 115.15 esr. I'm getting ready to dump FF if they can't fix this glitch soon!  https://chatgpt.com/ does not work with 115.15 esr !!! All I get is the chat bar at the bottom of the page with no way to submit a query.

Roli0810
Making moves

It happened to me too

Erf
Making moves

me too!

interactive elements don't work!

tlh24
Making moves

Same here -- just stopped working, even after clearing the cache and cookies. 

vegman
Making moves

Again, I am using FF version 115.15 esr with Win7 Pro.

Looks like there are a couple of errors occurring related to the Content-Security-Policy and Intl.Segmenter in Firefox.  Hope they fix this soon !!!

Here's the "Console" Data for ChatGPT.com:

Content-Security-Policy: Couldn’t process unknown directive ‘report-to’ chatgpt.com

Uncaught TypeError: Intl.Segmenter is not a constructor

Source map error: Error: request failed with status 404 Resource URL: https://cdn.oaistatic.com/assets/n0xnu42ro5xj12e5.js Source Map URL: n0xnu42ro5xj12e5.js.map

Rafayelus
Making moves

Same issue here 😞 works on other browsers, error:

Thanks, this workaround is just what I needed...worked perfectly:

This script is a Tampermonkey user script, and it’s meant to be added via a userscript manager like Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey. These extensions allow you to run custom scripts on specific websites. Here's how you can set it up in Firefox: (PS:  I used Tampermonkey not Greasemonkey)

Steps to Install the Script in Firefox:

1. Install Tampermonkey Extension:

2. Open Tampermonkey Dashboard:

• Once Tampermonkey is installed, you’ll see its icon (a black square with eyes) in the toolbar.
    • Click on the icon and select Dashboard.
  3. Create a New Script:

• In the Tampermonkey dashboard, click on the + (Create a new script) button.
    • This will open the script editor.
  4. Paste the Script

• Remove the default text in the script editor.
    • Paste the following javascript...

// ==UserScript==

// @name Intl.Segmenter Polyfill for ChatGPT
    // @namespace http://tampermonkey.net/
    // @version 0.2
    // @description Fix missing Intl.Segmenter in Firefox ESR
    // @match chatgpt.com
    // @grant none
    // @run-at document-start
    // ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    if (typeof Intl.Segmenter === 'undefined') {
    Intl.Segmenter = function() {
    return {
    segment: (input) => [{segment: input || 'fallback'}]
    };
    };
    }
    })();

5. Save the Script
    :
    • After pasting the script, click the File menu (top-left) and choose Save.
    • The script is now active and should run on chatgpt.com

Good luck to everyone who uses this, and thanks again to Agentvirtuel for pointing us in the right direction !!!

SWDFX
Making moves

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It worked like a champ and now I can finish my presentation!

You're very welcome, glad it worked for you too!

calanger
Making moves

I'm having the same problem - ChatGPT doesn't work with 115.15.0esr, works fine with Chrome.

Please see the fix posted above!

Dupliworks
Making moves

ChatGPT hasn't worked at all with Firefox 115.15esr at all for several days now. Either chatGPT page will load partially and not actually work, let you log in , or do anything, or it gives an outright 404 page for a little while then goes back to no working at all.

All of the clearing cache and stuff makes no difference, and other browsers aren't having this problem.

Is Firefox even working on this ?  It's day 3 or 4 now...

Please see the fix posted above.

Hi Vegman. While I do appreciate your workaround to get Firefox working, I'm not interested in having to use 3rd party add-ons and scripts to get Firefox working out of the box again. 

Firefox needs to fix this. I'm surprised that they aren't even mentioning it yet.

Thanks Agentvirtuel. I reported the bug in FF Bugzilla. I suggest other users due the same to get their attention and hopefully fix the issue by the next release!