cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to add new bookmarks

seriuser
Making moves

The bookmarks administration is unusable now.

I'm not able to add any new bookmarks!!!

Generally, Firefox reacts often slowly.

I have many tabs open - maybe this is the cause?

Is there a limitation, how many tabs you can have?

By the way, the links to english support sites either do not work or are not existing at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What I forgot to say, Firefox crashed due to this (at least 2 times)!

Apparently, the many tabs were not the cause for the disfunction.

I tried to make a bookmark for a page of ndr.de.

Now, I disabled NoScript for that site and for umantis.com (set trust to "Standard").

Especially umantis.com seems to be the cause for this trouble. With activated NoScript for ndr.de, it works, too.

The bookmark dialogue box had partially (or first) still a light delay, for which I could not find the cause.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

seriuser
Making moves

Moreover, a new bookmark, which I actually could not add, has a title of a complete other bookmark, which I tried to retrieve before. But I could not control, how or where the bookmark shall be stored, because there was no dialogue box (or at most after quite a long time).

For the many tabs, I had the Add-on OneTab, but it is faithless. It loosed links in different manner!

erased, because of redundant content/ same reply

What I forgot to say, Firefox crashed due to this (at least 2 times)!

Apparently, the many tabs were not the cause for the disfunction.

I tried to make a bookmark for a page of ndr.de.

Now, I disabled NoScript for that site and for umantis.com (set trust to "Standard").

Especially umantis.com seems to be the cause for this trouble. With activated NoScript for ndr.de, it works, too.

The bookmark dialogue box had partially (or first) still a light delay, for which I could not find the cause.