cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugly tab search icon can't be hidden or removed - Mozilla En**bleep**tification Ensues

genuinelywish
Making moves

Wow. I can't believe that Firefox is currently undergoing the same en**bleep**tification process as every company, but here I am, against my will.

Seriously, what is with every company's obsession of adding floating, ugly buttons that you can't remove? Does Firefox feel like they haven't added a new feature in a while so they need to jam something down the users throats so that they can say "Look, look! We're doing something!"?

Let me remove this. 

As far as I can tell, right clicking won't let me remove it, nor will customizing the menu bar and dragging it off into oblivion. Astounding that a feature like this is forced, and such an eyesore.

I don't open a thousand tabs at a time, and I know what I open, and where. I don't need this, and I'm sure many others don't. Give us back actual options, Mozilla. Stop forcing these weird, terrible UI changes.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

Changing this word to "True" is all we are asking.

1.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This does not seem to have any effect, even after restarting the browser.

Appreciate your attempt to help, though

https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/list-all-tabs/m-p/72600/highlight/true#M27734
Adding the preference browser.tabs.tabmanager.enabled, is useless
Behind a preference there is a script, no corresponding script, so the preference doesn't work

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

Changing this word to "True" is all we are asking.

1.png

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

To get rid of it NOW you need at add:—

/* Get rid of Show All Tabs icon */
.tabs-alltabs-button {display: none !important;}

to your userChrome.css file.  The about:config method worked on versions up to and including 130 but doesn't on 131.

Hello

Did you also try

#alltabs-button {display:none!important;}

Another illustration https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/discussions/ff-developer-edition-bug-quot-list-all-tabs-quot-button/m...