cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird calendar search has to be prodded into working

s_okuda
Making moves

When using the search for Thunderbird's calendar, 90% of time it doesn't find anything at first.  If I start playing around with settings, switching between 'all events' and 'current month', moving the months back and forward, etc. it will eventually start working properly.  Its like you have wake it up by shaking it 😕

7 REPLIES 7

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

@s_okuda how is it with version 128.2.3 or newer?

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird

PieterLeenhouts
Making moves

I have version 128.2.3. I can not get any searches to work in Thunderbird Calendar, regardless of event range, be it past or future or today or next week or month etc.

ArendHagedoorn
Making moves

Same here, also with version 128.2.3. Search function in calendar finds nothing regardless of time range.....

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

ALL, if you are being affected by this issue in version 128.2.1 or newer, please click on the kudos button. (I

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

Thank you for posting about this issue, which matches to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1919677

Bob123
Making moves

Similar problem here
Version 128.2.3esr (32-bit) / Windows 10
- sometimes there is no reaction to the search request: all events remain displayed.
- sometimes there is no reaction if you change the selection in the "All Events" to "Events in the Past" (nor any other value) in the pull down box.
- sometimes it works. (After closing and re-opening Thunderbird.)
==>"Thunderbird calendar search has to be prodded into working"
This may help: I do not use the internal calendar, only one external CalDav an two external Google calendars.

In addition (another problem?): The "Calendar" pane is too wide for the window. Some elements are not displayed on the right. And you can't scroll horizontally! (No scroll bar at the bottom.)

Boojum
Making moves

I have just downloaded version 128.3.0esr (32 bit). Since I regularly need to look up events in my calendar, I had hoped the problems would be gone but this is not the case (nor was it promised in the release notes). However the search function seems to be working better, especially when using Events in Current View.

With that view selected, I can now find an event by entering a search term and scrolling forward or back, week by week, using the < > buttons. This workaround is not infallible and sometimes one needs to close and re-open the Find Events function after changing the search term.

I hope others will find this useful. A bonus is that, as s_okuda has suggested, having used the search function for a while the other date parameters also start to work. Is this because the program works better once multiple queries have been created?