Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,264 REPLIES 3,264

gabbethepro
Making moves

Cool idea. Could be done with some improvement as the only options are not very useful imo, but I see potential. Don't understand all hate against new technology, it is is a optional free feature. Perhaps the haters should go back to using bare html

gabbethepro_0-1727099098321.png

howl
Making moves

I cannot overemphasize how much no one wants AI services and AI assistants and suchlike on... anything. Not on browsers, not websites, not on apps, not anywhere. I'll be very disappointed if this goes through.

celestialwound
Making moves

No AI in anything ever, TY. I hate it.

blacklunar
Making moves

I am extremely against this. AI is prone to error, built off stolen material, and catastrophic for the environment. Please do not add AI to Firefox.

MaxW391
Making moves

Please, no. 'AI' is not a useful feature - it merely generates things with no verification as to whether it is accurate. It also uses horrific amounts of energy and water at a time when climate change means these things need to be conserved.

greenivy
Making moves

Please don't. I moved to Firefox because Google sucked, and now you're taking steps towards making Firefox more like Google.

Swirly
Making moves

Booo!

Onibull
Making moves

Every single thing I've used that has integrated ai has turned to absolute **bleep**, spredding misinformation, scams, and general bad results, please do not put this into firefox too.

It sucks that we can say no but someone else is rich and wants to steal from us and does it anyway.

It really **bleep**ing sucks that these dumbass machine learning machines are destroying the environment and water too and that all companies are going 'what if this gives us more money' and does it **bleep**ing anyway making it almost impossible to get away from.

cutiexe
Making moves

Kudos on one point only: having an easy link to provide feedback. AI "features" are not useful and in fact are unwanted by the majority of Firefox users. Don't waste any more time, effort, or money on this feature.

DysProg
Making moves

Could you just f*cking not? I thought Firefox was the browser that didn't do stupid trendy bull**bleep**. Why not add NFTs too if you're going to do this?

Mumblebee7
Making moves

Take a good, long look at what people say about Chrome. Especially lately. 

That's what'll happen if you follow through with this. Yes, even with opt-out as default. 

In Earnest: DO. NOT.

vermuepft
Making moves

no thank you, i don't want any ai chatbot or any similair ai hype thing, i wouldn't use it and it would make lessen my enjoyment of firefox

arappathor
Making moves

As far as i can see, no one needs this. I just want a working browser, that is not chrome.

Osnofa
Making moves

Trying to login to a chatbot doesn't work if I start with Proton VPN connected.

Only after disconnecting from the VPN would it allow me to log in.

Though, once I was logged in, it started working as a chatbot in my sidebar.

Carolly
Making moves

I only just recently switched to Firefox because other companies won't stop integrating AI nonsense into their programs.

I swear to God if you continue with this I'm going to start using a command-line browser as the last option there is. Opposing the spread of the disease that is AI is a moral imperative, and one that Mozilla of all companies should understand and agree with.

ndsheck
Making moves

Absolutely not. This is irresponsible and hypocritical.

tudorandrei
Making moves

I would be nice, to have options for local providers (ollama and others), and make it by default opt-out

Maianaise
Making moves

I would prefer Ai to not be implemented at all. Even if it is optional, even if it is opt in usage/ones choice to use, the effect of AI is proliferating and normalising it harms artists, writers, illustrators and creators and will alienate them from your browser. Especially considering how much AI has already harmed and replaced artists in their various forms, and depending on which AI services you include, they are often built on and fed by theft of materials they have no right to.
Another issue with AI is the rampant power and water usage that is required for a singular prompt or image to be generated, and even without all those other issues I will not support something which is draining resources which could and should be better used elsewhere. The environmental impact alone is unacceptable.
I love firefox for what it does but choosing this route will make me consider finding another browser (though that is hard in this day in age as most are... not great and firefox so far has been the best choice, but with this it will make me reconsider.)

LilyTheLesbian
Making moves

No!

Tayebr
Making moves

Hi! No! Please don't, we're all so tired of slowly having our online world manipulated by data thay can just straight up be false, powered by the energy consumption of an actual country, owned and controlled by corporations we can't trust.

I like and want to trust mozilla. This will irreperably damage my image of the mozilla brand. 

Ldmorisco
Making moves

No. It is a massive environmentally damaging waste. I will not claim to care about the very *here and now* climate crisis and water crisis while willfully using AI products. I don't even care if they're "more useful." At the cost, I don't want them. At all. In anything.

Also I've used google products in the past year and they've become absolute wrecks. And yep, powered by AI. Don't destroy mozilla because everyone else is doing the cool new thing, too.

evren-d
Making moves

No, no, no, not interested and strongly protest AI

celestialz
Making moves

I downloaded Firefox to get away from the extra shady stuff that chromium browsers do but glad to know nowhere is safe! does anybody know any alternatives? 😋 if they follow through with this I'm not against switching again

Shurtu-gal
Making moves

I tried to use it didn't like it much no option to just search it. What should I do when I don't want to summarize etc.

Also creates new chats everytime.

majesticmini471
Making moves

As a UNIX re-developer, my team is completely against Artificial Intelligence. When does it ever learn and not crash users, programs, systems, and/or local devices?