Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,145 REPLIES 3,145

Lydiaa
Making moves

You're starting to get huge traction and you're doing this?? Thought you were smarter than this.  shame

"Last edited on 9-15-2024 (6 minutes after creation) by [admin] Jon"

Wow, I got the notification for that so I know what was removed.  That's a bad look.

Will be cancelling my subscription and moving away from anything Mozilla is involved in.

what was removed? I didn't get the notif so I don't know

zendica
Making moves

NO

felixthecat
Making moves

NO, absolutely not, would never use it, hate the idea of you wasting tons of money and energy and contributing to global energy, water, and climate crises just to fill the internet with more garbage answers to questions that human beings have already answered on their websites that they made with their fully functioning human brains. NO THANK YOU.

manicpineapple
Making moves

literally NOBODY wants this. anyone who wants ai garbage in their browser is already using chrome or whatever

majesticmini471
Making moves

Who wants more news about what Artificial Intelligence is doing? For the whole last week, it has been making nearly all SQL servers and users' applications crash. Users are being severely breached by it. This is why my team, who favors Firefox 3.6.9 and UNIX, is against all Oracle Java6<, MS.Net3<, and Python3<. We are not corporations' toys! Stop them from infringing us. Please spread the word, immediately. We are in jeopardy. May the Lord help every single one of us.

sonohtigris
Making moves

NO BAD CEO BAD EXECUTIVE AI IS BAD WE DONT LIKE IT ITS DUMB AND **bleep**S UP

BookReaderMan
Making moves

modern "AI" is designed to vomit out the most likely series of words to continue whatever prompt it is given based on statistics alone as a result it gives answers that are often deceiving at first glance but in truth worthless at best actively harmful at worst, it does this while consuming (read wasting) ridiculous amounts of power, as a result it has no place existing in a web browser (or search engine, but that's unrelated) by default, as a result I am strongly against any "AI" functionality being added in  any official capacity

Ferran-Eros
Making moves

A huge no from me, please don't do it.

rahkirby
Making moves

No thank you. Please recognize that people use Firefox explicitly so they don't have to worry about having garbage like this forced on them in chromium browsers.

Chartrux
Making moves

Come on Mozilla

If we are using Firefox it is for better privacy. Not for stupid invasive tools that participate in making our world a worse place

CrystalLord
Making moves

I'm sorry, I _really_ don't want an LLM in Firefox. One of the reasons I use Firefox is because I can trust it can preserve my data. Regardless of whether or not the LLM is locally run, I would be paranoid that it would be training on my inputs. I also don't want to waste datacentre processing power on running some remote AI, and I certainly don't want to spend GPU processing power on running a local AI.

Please don't add this feature to the core browser. Don't alter existing Firefox installs. This is a bad idea.

squabbled
Making moves

Please don't. I use Linux and Mozilla products to avoid AI stuff, not have it in my web browser.

jenniferk
Making moves

Please do not do this. Please God let us have at least one program in our lives that doesn't scrape every single thing we do to feed it into the slop machine of generative AI.

c67f
Making moves

Also agree that please don't

NightingaleJune
Making moves

Hi there. Please don't.

qz
Making moves

Please dont do this. This would be a terrible feature. Please pull away from this AI track.

boopadoop
Making moves

Nope

Obligada
Making moves

Add my voice to the chorus of NOOOO

Why, though? What is even the point on having ai in our browsers? What purpose could it possibly serve? The more I read about it, the more I become convinced that genAI —at least as it exists today—, it utterly useless, pointless, harmful to the environment, when it’s not outright destroying the livelihoods of thousands of people across the world, often all of those things at the same time. I’ve yet to read a convincing explanation of what is it good for and why do we need it in our daily lives. GenAI seems to exist mostly to make absurdly rich tech people even richer while adding nothing of value to the world. I want nothing to do with it.

PixelLight0
Making moves

I'm not interested in this feature, I feel like development time could be better spent elsewhere

theotherowl
Making moves

Not a good idea, will find another non ai browser if you implement ai

Zoreta
Making moves

AI is a destructive force for users, as well as the environment of technological development. It wastes electricity, creating needless greenhouse gas emissions, for the sake of chewing up, digesting, and then defecating the congealed remains of what was once human creation.

Keep it out of Firefox.

WriteThisWay
Making moves

Please don't. The lack of an environment-burning, content-stealing AI is half the reason I use Mozilla in the first place. I would honestly consider going back to Chrome (or even Edge) if you were to add any sort of AI features.

PLEASE DO THIS I BEG YOU DON'T LET TUMBLR WIN

**bleep** I FORGOT THIS WAS A REPLY

oh it doesn't let me swear. ok. I know this now

what are you talking about here re: "letting tumblr win" what do the decisions of a unrelated website have to do with firefox adding AI

edit: nvm, turns out you're a immature weirdo, hope you grow up soon and realize it's better to love as much as you can

TheEaterOfBeans
Making moves

Please do this. I won't use it, I just want the anti-AI people to get mad.

TheEaterOfBeans
Making moves

please I beg you. I found this from a Tumblr post and I NEED Tumblr to LOSE. I will start actually using your browser instead of having it on my taskbar and telling myself I'm going to switch and then never doing it if you just implement the useless AI button

Cringe

>found this from tumblr
>"I need tumblr to lose"

cringe, buddy.

Firefox, look. The people who want ai implemented aren’t even using your browser. They admit that the ai might MAYBE make them switch. The people who ACTUALLY use your browser are saying no.

Is it really worth it to alienate all your current users for people who MIGHT switch to your browser? Because the people who would come for ai are using the ai of other companies, and the people who DONT want ai are here, right now, making their displeasure known. Don’t lose what you have for the slim possibility that you’ll make back what you lose and than some.

And also, to the guy I’m replying to - if you hate tumblr so much and don’t use Firefox… why are you on tumblr looking at posts about Firefox, man. Go find something you like and enjoy it - it’ll make your life better.

So you're willing to drag an entire userbase down only for a website you don't like?

Cid
Making moves

Nein. No. Ei. Ie. Niet. Do some more No forms come to my mind atm? Not really aside off: 

PERKELE SATAANA!

Please don't add any "help" in using AI... It already robs so much of people without asking and doesn't make me want to use Firefox ANYMORE if you add it as well :(( It is a very bad idea. 

IF you still wanna add that: Please do pay all of the people who got ripped of their work into these AI programs without their consent :DDDD  Which honestly.. would be a fricking expensive thing. You would have to pay kinda every person that post stuff on the internet.

so please. No 🙂 thank you.

lilacsigil
Making moves

Why on earth would you do this? I have got myself a mozilla chat ID just to say what a shockingly bad and disappointing decision this is. What would AI possibly add to the Firefox experience? I'm with Firefox because most of the internet has been en**bleep**tified by Google and Microsoft and now AI, please don't add to it. And if you absolutely must for some reason, please make it opt-in.

-MightyMittens-
Making moves

no

Please no

the reason I use firefox is to escape the AI and (as much as I can of) tracking bull

burai
Making moves

No please, ai is being stuffed everywhere and some of us want none of it. Please keep it entirely off of Firefox, this is a deal breaker for me

I would also add any implementation would greatly harm my trust in the foundation, Wich cannot be fixed by simply "going back"