Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,161 REPLIES 3,161

Nrwgn_VKNG
Making moves

Please no. You're the best already and there is no need to ruin a perfect browser.

timmm
Making moves

please no

Finch
Making moves

No thank you! AI goes against everything I like about Firefox. I don't want yet another system spying on me and harvesting my information.

WoopSi3s
Making moves

NO PLEASE DON'T ADD AI PLEASE NO

Kepp
Making moves

I understand that AI is the new trend, but I use Firefox for it's safety, it's approcciability, and the fact I know it has my best interests at heart. AI is a fad, is wasteful, a trend, and people are rightfully sceptical of it. Your user base is made of people who want to have a reliable browsers with no frills and dumb trends, please reconsider

denics
Making moves

If this is a joke, it isn't funny.

Firefox doesn't need this, and people don't want this.

Seriously. Don't do this.

MrInjuries
Making moves

Considering I can do what the ai could do already with fewer environmental/privacy concerns I'd prefer not to have that. Like I'm a bit sick of generative AI in general to be honest. 

TheVoidIsBees
Making moves

Please do not implement this! I see many people sharing the same sentiment but we're all tired of having "AI features" shoved into our faces everywhere else. These features do not improve the user experience and often make it considerably worse while taking up a crazy amount of resources, mostly electricity and water.

I, like many others, switched to Firefox because I wanted a browser that offered a better user experience. If you do integrate these AI features, I will immediately switch browsers. And I suspect many others will too. Just do the smart thing and don't do this.

om1
Making moves

no thank you!

Ziggurat3
Making moves

Hey don't do that. It's terrible for the environment and the results suck

fruitsnommy
Making moves

please do not add this, firefox is one of the few good ways to use the internet nowadays, i wouldn't like to see it tainted with the AI fad, generative AI like chatgpt (which in the article is said you can use with this) is garbage, things like this are not "ingredients to make our experiences better"

Arachnerd
Making moves

This is a terrible idea. Nobody wanted this - if the small few supporters really wanted an AI chatbot they have many other options to choose from that wouldn't be breaking the trust between Firefox and its users. They even have other browsers.

We came to you because you didn't do the stuff other browsers started doing. This trust that you're playing with, that you've built up over decades, will be impossible to regain if you go through with this.

VaeVictus13th
Making moves

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Try it and your users will leave

Addragh
Making moves

I fail to see how any web browser should have AI shoved into it. There are no core problems with the experience of browsing the web that could be solved with AI, especially not with the plagiarism laundering ones we have now. It's a well-known fact that the companies behind these models don't care about getting proper consent for using the data they collect to train them on. Is it really a good idea to sacrifice privacy, something that both users and Mozilla use as a talking point for switching to Firefox, for some supposed benefit that currently eludes us?

nabexis
Making moves

Please don't. I am so sick of AI. It's going to kill the planet at this rate. We don't need more of it.

TippBlade
Making moves

This is incredibly disappointing news. I am certain that the majority of Firefox users do not want ai integration

proudwing
Making moves

Absolutely not.

Bnig98JR
Making moves

No thank you.

BullyrookChook
Making moves

NO

MarkosDantès
Making moves

Dude absolutely not, 99% of the reason people are recently flocking to y'all is BECAUSE you're not pushing AI **bleep** like Google, do not go down this road for the love of **bleep**, absolutely nobody wants this and anybody who Does can go use any of the other browsers that're miring themself in the AI **bleep**pit. Absolutely not, 110% no, just no, none of it, generative AI is a **bleep**ing blight and it needs to be weeded out and killed not encouraged. Do not be another browser letting this **bleep** grow over the internet like kudzu but worse i swear to god.

atypicals
Making moves

No one wants AI. Its a fad that no one with a lick of sense in their head backs. By promoting AI, companies are sending the message that they're too quick to hop on trends without evaluating whether or not the trend is a good fit for their brand and userbase, and that they don't care about user feedback when it comes to their product. If a feature isn't desired by a vast and vocal majority of the userbase, it would be illogical to keep it, as you risk alienating your userbase.

rolingmetal
Making moves

I would like to run the sidebar in a separate container. And my bitwarden extension doesn't seem to work in the sidebar 😞

rolingmetal
Making moves

Since my bitwarden extension is not working in the "ai" chatbot sidebar, I now wonder if my other extension can do their work in the sidebar? And why do containers not work with the sidebar?

I prefer how DuckDuckGo anonymizes "ai"chat.

ABroullon
Making moves

These so called AI functions are damaging the Internet content, unethic and also disrepectful towards authors and privacy. If Firefox continues down this road I'll sadly need to leave the last chromium-less alternative and switch to a more ethic browser.

Knife
Making moves

If this isn't cancelled, I will look for alternatives. I have advocated and loved using firefox up until now, with regret I can no longer do that.

DingDong
Making moves

No thanks.

9nikola
Making moves

Simply just don't

Vanillamedal3
Making moves

Please don't 

Manavski
Making moves

For the love of God, please NO

taffywabbit
Making moves

PLEASE NO!!! so much of the online browsing experience has already been ruined by trend-hopping tone-deaf companies flooding everything with useless horrible genAI functions. not only is it devastating to the environment, it contributes to drowning out all the useful user-created content and information online with poorly plagiarized AI slop and potentially dangerous misinfo everywhere you look. if you care about creating a better internet, please keep AI far away from Firefox!!

Stephanie
Making moves

Please no ai

Neptube
Making moves

If anyone wants an AI they can get it elsewhere. If anyone wants a browser without an integrated AI the options are dwindling. A lot of people use firefox specifically becuse it lacks features like AI, please don't add it now.

LeicesterJester
Making moves

One of my favourite things about Firefox is that it hasn't given in to the wave of generative ai slop yet, and I'd be very disappointed if that changes. Please don't do this, I and many other users absolutely do not want it.

pcgaldo
Making moves

I'm fine with that, as long as it remains a completely optional feature. I'd even find it better if you developed it as an add-on.

HazeDreams
Making moves

Please do not do this

meatcreek
Making moves

Very much would not like to see any AI built into Firefox. 

Apollotg1
Making moves

Please don't

ebarnes
Making moves

AI does not give accurate results, wastes resources, and is unethical. It is not worth it. I switched to this browser because everything else had begun to use AI, but I will switch browsers again if this becomes a permanent feature. I'm super disappointed in you guys for even considering it.

ScottDAdams
Making moves

Generative AI services cannot ever be fully trusted as there is seldom a way to guarantee that it sources any information from reliable or ethical sources. When used in search engines, it's prone to amalgamating nonsensical and conflicting information with genuinely helpful information making it wholly unreliable. It is also very difficult to trust that any generative AI system has been trained on information that has the full consent of copyright holders, artists, writers, code writers, or users of the system. And that's not even touching on the environmental impact of the processing power used by AI tools.

Mozilla should reconsider following Google, Apple, and Meta into this unethical and unnecessary realm of generative AI tools.

Do not add this feature.

Ardate
Making moves

I am on Firefox for many reasons, one of them being that it's an island away from all the other atrocious choices made by other browsers; privacy invading features, constant advertisement, and AI things (whose results are unpredictable and often wrong).

Not all AI is absurd; I understand the idea of having a chatbot on hand for those who wish for it (it being opt-in is already a good choice), but I still would be wary especially since you remain vague on which AI it is, which model and on what it has been trained. If you plan on basing it on pre-existing AIs such as chatGPT, you'll be boosting a highly problematic service with catastrophic ecological impact.

People wishing to use AI can easily find it elsewhere, but those wanting to avoid it are running out of options.