Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,150 REPLIES 3,150

majesticmini471
Making moves

Artificial Intelligence is NOT welcome to our service! It hacks users and fails nearly all commands and interfaces. Oracle Java6<, .Net3<, and Python3< are each terrible enough. BlackBerry OS2 is so much better than AI and all modern internet devices. Steve Jobs and Albert Einstein, who both RiP, would even agree. We are not technology's puppets! No Artificial Intelligence, especially as it is dominantly used by illegal corporations, forgers, and hackers. Right, DOS3.1?

emma_
Making moves

NO PLEASE DON'T

Keep Firefox AI-free. AI is a garbage fire of copyright infringement, environmental destruction, and overvalued corporate swindling. If I ever see an AI button show up in Firefox I will uninstall the browser and tell everyone I know to do the same. Even if you don't understand the moral and ethical arguments against it, it's a sinking ship. Are you gonna put a TiVo button in Firefox too?

angengea
Making moves

Absolutely fcking not. DO NOT WANT.

ghoulfr13nd
Making moves

Please do not. This is my least favorite feature on websites these days, and what makes me love using Firefox is that I am not constantly confronted with the same useless garbage that has cluttered every other corner of the internet. AI has proven to be faulty and inaccurate, and often returns answers that are unsafe and liable to get somebody killed. Please say NO to AI. 

Kdwarn
Making moves

No thanks. 

andreg
Making moves

Please no AI here. I desperately do not want my browser burning down more of the planet just to give me the world's most useless Clippy.

AffectionateNou
Making moves

WE DO NOT WANT THIS

Vxnsup
Making moves

Come on, one of the reasons most ppl choose firefox over other browsers is because they didn't follow that path... this feels like a big slap to the face. Whats the point of adding this feature? who asked for this?

gin23
Making moves

I know you're just doing your job here, but the vast majority of people do not want this and are begging y'all to be the last safe, usable space not being clogged up with AI garbage.

Amazon_Syren
Making moves

Please, for the love of the entire planet, do not under any circumstances waste time, money, and water by adding AI services to Firefox. Literally nobody wants this crap. Don't do this.

Husr
Making moves

This is a brilliant idea, Mozilla. Why continue to be a superlative browser that sets yourself apart from the advertiser content farm browsers of your competitors when instead you could integrate the same stupid AI junk and ruin your browser to be just like them, thus entirely removing the reason for your very existence.

You're not going to become Google, and trying just pisses off your actual users. Don't do this. I don't want to have to find another browser.

davepetastrijon
Making moves

PLEASE DON'T. ugh. ai is NOT as great as people think it is! humans are incredibly ignorant therefore the ai that spews back all the bullsh*t we feed it is just as much so. 💀 no. don't.

brwhitley39
Making moves

As a longtime user of Firefox, I have absolutely no interest in any AI services. Every other company that uses AI has only made their product actively worse, so please don't. I like Firefox. It's the only browser I use and this has been true for the last, what, twenty years?

Say "no" to AI.

mathgeekgirl7
Making moves

No. I will switch to another browser if you add AI. It is garbage and I do not consent.

Lariel
Making moves

I'd prefer Firefox to be completely clear of any AI garbage, thanks. If that's not possible, I'll look for alternative browsers.

mechanicalyomi
Making moves

oh Please god no 😭. I use Firefox to escape from the gradual "AI option no one wants" apocalypse.

gumeyshark
Making moves

i am so sick of ai please for the love of god dont add onto the garbage pile of "ai integration" with another annoying button ill never click except on accident theyre pointless just leave it alone idgaf i stg ill switch to opera gx

majesticmini471
Making moves

Does anybody else agree with my theory of why Mozilla Firefox should not have Artificial Intelligence? The summary is one dozen comments above. We are not robots, and Revelation proves so.

Werevampiwolf
Making moves

Terrible, terrible idea. AI (at least in the way things like ChatGPT and MidJourney operate) uses up far too much energy with little to no results of substance to speak for it.

sharkeyetopaz
Making moves

please dont get into the unreliable mess of ai.

Melanie
Making moves

If Mozilla starts messing around with AI, I will no longer support Mozilla and I will find a browser other than Firefox. It's as simple as that. AI serves no useful purpose, and no one wants it; it's a tool - that can't even serve its intended purpose - foisted on a public that DOES NOT WANT IT by companies who want to recklessly jump on the bandwagon that's already wrecked on the side of the road. For all the ways in which Mozilla has shown themselves in the past to be a company that's distinctly better than many others, this signals to consumers that you WANT to be no better than the rest. No matter the form it takes, any applications of AI that have been developed in recent years plainly fail to achieve the most basic intended tasks, and the worst examples not only fail the consumers they are intended to serve, but take away jobs from real people who invariably perform the same task better in the first place. This is to say nothing of the colossal environmental havoc wrought by features that go unused by an undesirous public, the money and human resources wasted developing them, the needless costs forwarded to consumers for junk they didn't want added on in the first place, and still more. DO NOT add AI into Firefox. Toying with this garbage might be the biggest mistake that Mozilla could make, and your users are NOT happy!!!!

Jasmoon
Making moves

Please don't add an AI feature, guys. We use you because you're better than Google, PLEASE don't sink to their level...

CharlieEmory
Making moves

PLEASE NO AI :)))

Kingofjs
Making moves

DO NOT **bleep**ING DO THIS

bek_27
Making moves

Just chiming in to say No Thanks! It's disappointing to see the AI craze has reached Mozilla too, though I shouldn't be surprised to see another company choosing greed over worker's rights and the environment

llim
Making moves

Hard no on adding AI features to Firefox.

Generative AI is extremely harmful to the environment, and adding this feature would only further exacerbate the issue, as it gives users easy access to AI. Additionally, it will likely lead to the spread of misinformation as these technologies are not able to problem solve and frequently make errors.

Unfortunate that this is what the web has come to.

Belll
Making moves

Please no. I use Firefox because I care about online privacy and llms like the ones mentioned in earlier replies are antithetical to that. I don't want access to it built into my browser. I don't want to disable it I simply don't want it there. Everyone I know that uses Firefox, uses it for the same reasons that they don't use chatgpt and it's contemporaries. This honestly lowers my opinion of your product and I'll be looking for alternatives if this goes much further, and seeing how hard these ai companies are pushing their product, I'm not optimistic about how 'optional' all this will remain.

I like Firefox don't push users like me away 😞

karmicRetributi
Making moves

Please do not do this. We don't need more "AI" slop shoved on us. Please, just no.

effingunicorns
Making moves

@asafko wrote:

boost your productivity

This is a **bleep**ing laugh. Text-generating AI spouts utter bull**bleep** often enough that you have to double-check everything it gives you, which can easily take longer than doing everything yourself from the start. They haven't gotten any better about this over the course of the AI boom, so what makes anybody at Mozilla think it's ready to add even as a beta feature? That isn't even getting into the complaints this thread is probably already full of, like parent companies' ongoing lawsuits over copyright infringement and the wildly unsustainable environmental impact.

I've been using Firefox pretty much as long as it's been available--even when you brought on the Brave browser guy as CEO for five minutes, even when everyone else was switching to Chrome--and I can say this is easily as embarrassing as the former. The only people who want AI are grifters and the people who buy the grift, and you guys jumping on the bandwagon when you could be earning a reputation for steadfastness and consideration is enough to seriously test my loyalty.

SilverSie
Making moves

I will quit using Firefox if AI features are added.

bee12323213
Making moves

no.

stavekoff
Making moves

keep ai out of the only good thing in tech rn

mothwench
Making moves

Noooooooooooo nooooooooo nooooo nooooooo

keymintt
Making moves

I do not like this, I am tired and exhausted of AI features; I do not use them and find them vastly ineffective. I do not want this in my browser.

Golddragon387
Making moves

There are no words strong enough, in this or any language, to describe just how undesired this feature is, and just how much it is going to alienate users if it goes forward. Strongly advise completely abandoning this direction entirely.

nonoforthemomo
Making moves

Noooooooooooooooo! Please let us just have regular internet without clippy 2.0. So unhelpful.

tacolerigolo
Making moves

i mean, i do like it being off by default, but i'd like for it to just not exist at all, please.

wrrrdnrrrdgrrrl
Making moves

Absolutely not.

If you think Nightly users are big AI fans, you have drastically misunderstood why we're here. Tonight I'm booting DuckDuckGo as my default search specifically because they added their own hallucinating stochastic parrot.

Choyo
Making moves

No AI please, it will make me drop Firefox as my preferred browser instantly.

dedofspace
Making moves

Please don't. The only reason I am using firefox at all is because it has no AI features. AI is a fad and will cost you users. This is a terrible idea.

l