Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,171 REPLIES 3,171

Emissary04
Making moves

If Firefox does this I will uninstall the app or find a way to avoid it. Generative AI and AI search engines are horribly inaccurate. This idea is poorly executed and ruins the looks of the browser. Please do not do this.

RunicRaptor
Making moves

Please leave all of the AI nonsense FAR away from Firefox. It's one of the last popular browsers not stuffed to the brim with this kind of garbage.

Leave the AI in the garbage where it belongs. Let the other browsers self destruct if they want to, but don't include it here.

Ai has been poorly implemented and poorly recieved. Companies have to start learning that just because it's new ans being discussed, doesn't mean literally anyone actually wants it.

redrenegade
Making moves

Love the saint javelin pfp. Don't love AI please don't go this route

Davva23
Making moves

"AI"?

No thanks.

It's a misnomer.

It vomits nonsense

It"s yet another capitalist wet dream, money machine that robs creators and wrecks the planet.

**Put it in the bin**

dezsch
Making moves

C'mon just no guys.

Beaustifer
Making moves

Please no, I use Firefox because it doesn't have that garbage.

JMCRocher
Making moves

AI is nothing but a money and energy sink that produces unreliable and unverifiable answers. If half the money spent on this went to human staff instead, it would produce a higher volume of better quality output and create an increasing pool of experience that can be passed on to others faster and more accurately than an AI could learn them.

AI will not fix your problems, and will only create new ones, destroying customers trust. Please rethink this decision.

cryptious
Making moves

if AI is integrated, i will genuinely begin to search for alternatives as i'm sure many others will too.

eheisman
Making moves

I do not want AI services in my browser, given environmental and ethical concerns around the use of AI, as well as potential privacy problems with AI companies training on user data.  I expect better from Firefox.

tyzzieee
Making moves

Regardless of how unintrusive the feature is going to be, the implementation of AI services is likely going to make me switch to a different browser. AI is not necessary or helpful to Firefox in any way, and it is going to push users away.

jagged203
Making moves

Please god no AI garbage there is no demonstratable use case for it

CSummers
Making moves

Hello, I think this is my first time leaving a reply of this sort, despite having been a Firefox user for 20+ years:  please don't do this. 

AI provides no real benefits, and giving it attention like this only encourages them to keep it alive.  Don't give it the air, let it die.

limako
Making moves

I don't want anything to do with products that implement "AI". I will disable this "feature" ASAP and strongly consider other products that do not include it.

tcat
Making moves

It’s unclear whether this will able to be fully turned off if integrated into a main release? I don’t find LLMs useful, and I don’t want one slowing down my browsing experience.

ihateai95
Making moves

PLEASE do not add AI anything to firefox. I don't need it. I don't want it. It hurts the environment. Hurts privacy. Hurts small writers and artists. If I wanted to support that unethical BS, I'd use google.

ElioNagashi
Making moves

NO

Quartz
Making moves

Not having AI features is a pro for Firefox please do not change that

pocephus83
Making moves

Booooooooooooooooo! 👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎 Whoever thought of this, go directly to jail

ashsquentin
Making moves

No. This will drive me to find another browser. NO AI. ABSOLUTELY NO AI.

Steevh
Making moves

Do not add “AI” to FF or any Mozilla product. LLMs are just bull**bleep** generators and it would turn Firefox to **bleep**. 

sebsauvage
Making moves

No really, thank you.
Please don't.

That will be another thing to disable when installing Firefox.

Osmosisch
Making moves

I hate that this is what your resources are being spent on, and I want nothing to do with LLM bull**bleep**.

lbuesch2
Making moves

Why would you, a usually good internet service, do this? Who is asking? How do we make them stop?

Lukedearden
Making moves

No thanks

StarlitSkvader
Making moves

Absolutely not.

AI plagiarizes at best and endangers lives with its faulty generations at worst. No interest, no thanks, no AI.

Deiroo
Making moves

I think you are confusing regular firefox users with venture capitalists. It's the latter who are driving AI in the hopes of getting large returns at some point. I as a regular firefox user couldn't care less about AI.

domarisc
Making moves

No, absolutely not!

SaleemZK
Making moves

Please do not,, AI is ruining the search engines and they have 0 added value. Please do not make Firefox worse just to be trendy. Please do not use AI the damage it is doing to the environment is huge and irreversible. You are better than this and you do not need AI.

Normalbeing404
Making moves

@asafko wrote:

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

please don't

Username12
Making moves

lifetime firefox user of 20-odd years. I have yet to find a practical use for so-called 'AI', and most of its proponants remind me of the those awful crypto hype guys- the types who tell me to "just wait, it'll be useful soon!". I want this tech nowhere near my computer and will do everything in my power to keep it separate.  Firefox adding anything 'AI' makes me trust and respect Mozilla LESS. I'll be excited for this bubble to burst and we can all go back to working on technology that meaningfully makes our lives better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really want to have this feature, please make it an extension, not an official browser feature. One of the reasons I went to Firefox is because it didn't have any AI features. I'm willing to go to another fork if Mozilla continues to force AI on users.

Allison-miller
Making moves

Please do not. One of the reasons I love Firefox is lack of AI. We as a race are perfectly capable of utilizing search engines to find information and solutions. Firefox is a great alternative to the other search engines BECAUSE of simplicity. Adding an AI will guarantee I switch to a different search engine without one. 

katie666
Making moves

Don't do this. Just don't. Focus on doing literally anything else.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved back over to firefox this year to get away from all this AI integration nonsense and the bull**bleep** with google and the anti ad blocking sentiments. I suppose it's nice that this is optional, but optional just feels like it leading into it not being an inevitable non option if you can have it or not.

Packbat
Making moves

It is tremendously irresponsible to promote generative-AI chatbots this way, regardless of what attempts you have made to promote privacy.

First, AI is notoriously bad at summarizing text, being prone to fabricating information and missing essentials.

Second, because of the nature of training data scraped from the public internet, even LLMs which are modified not to be overtly racist will be covertly racist, supporting toxic stereotypes.

Third, large-language models are notorious for their environmental impact - forcing the production of huge amounts of servers running nonstop in an era where slowing anthropogenic climate change is vital.

Fourth, there are absolute horror stories about low-wage workers being traumatized generating training data to try and make AIs like ChatGPT less racist.

This entire concept is morally bankrupt and actively makes your product worse. Scrap it.

AdrianNerium
Making moves

Absolutely not.  AI is so insidious and horrid, I've worked so hard to disable all options of AI off my machines and yet every os other than Linux is still bogged with a ton of bloatware including AI garbage.  Do not add this to Firefox, it's not wanted nor necessary.

IF
Making moves

Please don’t jump on this unethical, poorly conceived and technically dubious bandwagon. Your staff, time, energy and money can be better used elsewhere. I use Firefox because of the values I thought were behind it. Make the browser’s core the best it can be and the ditch the shallow fripperies of features that no one has asked for, wants or will use. After the AI bubble has burst, see what of value can be found in the ruins and THEN take a look at implementation. 
Mozilla is supposed to be better than this tech-bro FOMO nonsense. 

Lyude
Making moves

Please don't, focus your time on things people want instead of following market trends. It is is decisions like this that hurt people's trust in Mozilla

smelldigan
Making moves

please do not do this

mintykiwi
Making moves

no