Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,165 REPLIES 3,165

Quackles
Making moves

This is not a useful experiment. AI is an underbaked technology that provides inaccurate (but plausible-sounding!) information, and there is no sign of the accuracy improving.

Please spend more time providing useful features for Firefox (I would suggest adding a built-in ad blocker) and less time chasing technological hype.

enjolras14
Making moves

No -- please do not add this feature.

Every other service I use is integrating AI, including all search engines. There is no earthly reason it should be browser-integrated except to jump on the bandwagon. Please, just don't. What would I use the AI for as an actual element of my browser?

Please, Mozilla, be the one place online that I can be free from this destructive ecocidal copyright-infringing job-destroying hype. The people who value your work are the same people who understand tech well enough to know that this is going nowhere, and that there is zero reason for AI to be a built-in functionality of the browser itself, when it's already being added to search engines, websites, and the computers themselves.

Erynn
Making moves

Save yourself the work and just don't. Spend your money on something useful.

cory_
Making moves

Keep this far away from me. The fact that you are testing adding AI to Firefox is a breach of trust already. It looks like I should start looking for an alternative browser whose maintainers aren't looking for ways to plug me into the plagiarism machine.

wreckitremy
Making moves

No AI

piersb
Making moves

No.

Lexxy_Fox_2
Making moves

Duck off with the ducking "AI" you ducks! Nobody wants your mitty s py ware!

BE A BROWSER. (Re-)add PWA support! Add JPEG support! How about vertical tabs? How about any of the top 100 ideas on https://connect.mozilla.org/t5/ideas/idb-p/ideas/tab/most-kudoed ?

I've since switched to web browser that has JPEG support, and PWA, and vertical tabs, and split pane, &c, &c. And I'm also not against Actual-AI. But that's not what we're talking about here. You, Mozilla, have since spat in our collective faces and are denying us the good future. Duck you Mozilla.

To the real (non-"AI" "people" here): Stop using Mozilla! Just stop! There are actual, real browsers that let you browse the Internet! For free! I can't list them here because [redacted] but go find them. Support their developers. Please.

semachthemonkey
Making moves

Oh dear god, No. Just No. Please realise what harm this AI crap is doing and that the reason so many of us use Firefox is because we want a clean alternative to the big alternatives out there.

fire-fira
Making moves

No thanks to any of it. Generative AI is absolutely NOT a reliable source of information, it's built on the fallibility of people with none of our capacity for critical thinking or fact-checking, and the environmental costs in terms of the water waste required to keep AI systems running is staggering. I don't want it. We're honestly better off without it.

Justificand
Making moves

If AI is integrated into Firefox in any way I shall do my research and find a comparable browser that respects my privacy and the data of others and does not engage with Generative AI, crypto, scraping, etc in any way.

A decision like this betrays the idea of privacy and security at its core.

Nobody wants something that lies to you and uses stolen data

jmhnsn
Making moves

No. Please. Just don't.

memarquette16
Making moves

I would look for another browser if you implemented ai features in Firefox.

Jo_the_hat
Making moves

Nope. Nein. No, thank you.

pearlswine
Making moves

AI additions would constitute en**bleep**ification and I would strongly prefer not to have them thank you

temoore
Making moves

Please no. I'm tired of LLMS and other AI models being integrated into everything I use. I have no use for it, no interest in it, and understand that there are myriad ethical and environmental issues issues in its use. 

Soska
Making moves

Since it seems needed, let's add my stone to the pile.

No. Please don't waste some people time, energy and donation money to some stupid feature only powered by directors FOMO that I will certainly pay a coffee to someone on GitHub when an add-on to nullify all the wasted work that would have been pushed on the Firefox version.

In short: you're wasting time and money, and I'd rather pay someone to undo what you're doing to donate to Mozilla. No thanks.

SpiderKiss
Making moves

Please for the love of gob do not. I'm so sick of LLMs being shoved into anything as the latest nft/crypto/i invested in this so I'm going to masks it everyone's problem.

No one asked for this. Please scrap it

themossinman
Making moves

on my hands and knees begging you not to waste time and money with AI, firefox; i trust you pls don't let me down

Ambular
Making moves

Please listen to your most dedicated users and do not continue with this abomination. You should have learned from the Australis debacle that just because something is new and attracting a lot of attention doesn't mean you must implement it. That's how you lost legions of users who didn't like Chrome.

Privacy and intellectual property issues aside, this AI craze is burning up obscene amounts of power when we should be pulling out all the stops to reduce energy use.

Do not do this. Just don't. It's a terrible idea. Differentiate yourself from your competitors by not falling for the hype.

phtjmy
Making moves

I cannot emphasize enough how much I do not want this. What in the entire world would I even use that for? I’m so glad you guys are so good about add-ons because I’m going to find one to block this bs immediately. Sure it’s optional for now, but how long until it isn’t? How long until it’s integrated? Actually you know what, I’m just not going to update for as long as humanly possible and then I’m going to download an add-on. God I’m so sick of this useless crap infecting everything.

Heyplaguedoctor
Making moves

We use your browser because we value our privacy. Please don’t decimate your user base. 

Dlasta
Making moves

NO.

clippy
Making moves

DON'T. for real, don't. please

KateJ
Making moves

Please no, we do not want AI anywhere near Firefox. It's annoying, it's useless, and more importantly it is an incredible waste of limited natural resources.

arbh
Making moves

Not interested in AI garbage, thanks, please keep this off Firefox

abrock
Making moves

I mean I suppose if you guys no longer care about theft, privacy, and the environment, I no longer want to utilize your services. Everyone and their mother is trying to shove these useless, data-hogging machines in my face and it’s starting to piss me off. No. Do not do this. This is a terrible call. I have never had a situation in the past year where ai being forcibly added to my browser, or my computer, or anything like that has made my life better. Terrible idea.

ANorm
Making moves

I want a browser that preserve my privacy by default, not a bloatware.

zenosAnalytic
Making moves

Do Not Do This. It is an Unnecessary waste of resources.

Lepidoptera
Making moves

For the love of everything that is good in the world, please, no LLMs. No to this forever.

gabmus
Making moves

I will not accept any of this planet destroying, intellectual propery stealing, useless pile of garbage the techbros call "AI". Not in my browser, nor anywhere else. Focus on the one product your users love: the Firefox browser. Pick Servo back up and start innovating again, because "AI" is not innovation, but just blindly following the latest tech bubble.

roaddelayscull
Making moves

Please don't do this. LLMs take huge amounts of resources to create and are built on the theft of creative labor. They are unreliable, producing incorrect information as readily as correct. They are antithetical to the ethos I thought Mozilla represented.

loli-xox
Making moves

please don't do this 😞 AI is an awful idea

QueenZephyr
Making moves

I use Firefox specifically because it doesn't have built in AI. I really hope you'll listen to the many other people who also don't want AI integration in Firefox and abandon this idea.

EFLarsen
Making moves

Absolutely not. The moment AI is synced to Firefox is the moment it starts mining everything I'm looking at to add to the training data and I highly doubt the devs for Nightly have a license for the entirety of the internet. Not to mention I don't trust that it won't see and then use my sensitive information such as logins and passwords. There's no need to add artificial intelligence to a web browser.

Su1
Making moves

I have been using Firefox for over 10 years and adding AI into it would make me start looking for alternatives. For the love of everything good, do not add AI into Firefox. Stay unique, stay distinct. Don't integrate AI.

HattyP
Making moves

Awful idea. Please no. 

Not only is this not a feature anyone needs it also feels completely anathema to everything else Mozilla/Firefox have established as how they centre users wants/privacy/agency in our use of the internet. This completely undermines the trust people have in Firefox as a browser that isn't constantly exploiting users in any and all ways it can. 

But it's also just hugely depressing how many companies are trying to hitch onto the ai train despite the fact that AI is categorically, factually devastating for the environment and with the current climate situation it is more meaningful now than ever before when companies make the choice to not follow the harmful trend just because it's hot right now. You have a chance right now to CHOOSE to do better than the others in your industry and I guarantee it will only positively impact your reputation and standing in this field. 

Jateshi
Making moves

I do not want any AI services at all period in Firefox and will have to find a different browser if you add them.

ldfgamer
Making moves

I definitely don't need, and will never use this feature. Don't waste your time and money on developing it.

Phantomtickler
Making moves

please, don't do this, i for one am sick and tired of AI creeping in everywhere, i'll lay money that no one has asked for all this integration. i use firefox to avoid all the nonsense that other browsers are forcing down our throats and now you guys are pulling this too