Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,166 REPLIES 3,166

Shalf
Making moves

Thanks but no thanks.

Tex_Graham
Making moves

Stop it. Don't implement anything and instead use Ai as a differentiator from all the other browser vendors cramming this down our throats. You're supposed to be the browser that cares about privacy.

alndmrs
Making moves

Could you spend time and money in actually improving this browser instead of adding more crap on it? Generative AI is not ethical tech, neither environmental friendly. Who would even say it's private, as companies need to scrape files from people without their consent. Ironically privacy is what this goddamn browser was supposed to be focused on. You could be different from anyone else, but no, the hype is so good.

dduane
Making moves

Guys... NO.

Please, please: NO. Please don't give us reason to mistrust the only piece of software we've been able to unreservedly trust until now. 😕

Thanks. (And also: NO.)

Saeldis
Making moves

Congrats on getting me to make an account, I guess.

Do NOT do this. I'd literally rather have a feature that zapped me every time I got distracted on the internet (which, given the ADHD...) than an LLM baked into my browser.

The unethical nature of LLMs is so broadly known even amongst the technologically semiliterate that there's roughly 0% chance you're not aware. At this point, I have to assume you're amongst the men who just want to watch the world burn (literally, considering the enhanced demands on the power grid from LLM Server farms).

The ethical issues are myriad. The strain on the power grid results in many knock-on effects that are detrimental to the most vulnerable among us. Environmental impacts, rising cost of energy to run things like heat, medical devices, refrigerators, increased wear on grid infrastructure... All so we can... Blatantly violate copyright in our endeavor to more poorly express ourselves? Proliferate misinformation? No really, what? Because I've seen what happens when people use LLMs instead of writing for themselves, and it wasn't good.

These companies literally run off of stolen data. They cannot even begin to claim even a passing interest in maintaining privacy.

Rethink your choices, because this one is shameful. We do not want, let alone need, the integration of LLMs into the browser. Not now, not ever.

kieranimo
Making moves

Actively do not want any built-in AI integrations. Just let Firefox's focus be being a good web browser, please, we beg of you.

risualto
Making moves

Please, please, do not do this.  Please keep AI out of our browser.  Please.

lilibat
Making moves

Please just no. This stuff is useless. 

galactic-pirate
Making moves

Absolutely not. You do this and I am either locking into a version that pre-dates the AI, or I am looking elsewhere. I am sick to death of AI in everything. I don’t want it, don’t need it and quite frankly hate it.

I thought Firefox was supposed to be the good one? The one that valued privacy and user protection.

KatherineED07
Making moves

Absolutely not. I don't care that it's optional, this will decrease the likelihood that I continue to use firefox and lowers my perception of the brand and product.

LordFreed
Making moves

Firefox user here; I think AI shouldn't be added to Firefox. Current generative ai models require massive amounts of theft to function while not actually performing any useful tasks that aren't better performed by a search engine.

sussexbound
Making moves

No thank you.  I know this is optional, but I don't feel the browser needs it at all.  I use Firefox so I don't have to deal with this sort of thing, tbh.

mari
Making moves

no, thanks. AI function is not needed in Firefox and is detrimental to both our planet and our internet spaces. thanks for the Firefox team for everything y'all do, but this is one feature I would gladly scrap immediately.

Goshawke
Making moves

I made a profile solely to comment on this and say:

NO. STOP.

Your user base comes to Firefox over all the other big name companies because you DON'T scrape data, because you do respect privacy. Now you want to take the first step into this overhyped, unethical, environmentally damaging world of LLMs and the con artists who are riding the wave and using them to scrape as much data and money as they can before the bottom drops out? Seriously? For what? Nobody asked for this. If we wanted inescapable LLM we'd all go back to Chrome and Safari and whatever else.

This feels like the first step towards losing the safe haven that Mozilla is. Like removing "Don't Be Evil" as a creed. Please, don't go down this road.

yperiwn
Making moves

I am really concerned by the fact of not having the choice ,not to just be able to disable AI services ,but not having a AI Integration free firefox , i really believe that firefox should give the choice of a version with no AI code .

MikeMurdock
Making moves

Jesus Christ Firefox team. Many of us have had enough of many companies adding this AI garbage to everything . This stuff is harmful to the environment, and AI is also using more resources and causing climate change to get here faster ( we already had temperatures up to 100 DEGREES). But this crap is harmful to artists, writers, and other creatives. Plus, people are making fake videos that would cause dangerous consequences ( like someone being framed for a crime they never committed).

I have been using Firefox as my go-to browser since Edge and Chrome have been implementing this AI crap, ad I do not want to use it. if you go ahead with this. I will remove your software and look for another alternative.

I

Sengan
Making moves

Here's another idea: how about no.

BeeBee27
Making moves

Please no. I'm so tired of AI being shoved down my throat at every turn. It's a useless, false technology that does more harm than good in the creative fields. I'd rather Firefox remained AI free

chambert
Making moves

I don't want no integration of AI of any kind in this browser.
Not even on an optional basis.

TheScrump
Making moves

I do NOT want this bs, please reject it post haste

ShinoSarna
Making moves

Nobody wants that. AI isn't actually useful for anything. It does not 'boost productivity' and it is built on violating privacy and copyright - both of which go directly against core principles of Mozilla.

cn8
Making moves

So disappointed in the effect ai is having on the Internet. Please spare us. I also despise the wasted resources I hear about. Leave "ai" to more practical uses in a more limited scope and away from the broader Internet

CamMikila
Making moves

We do not need more ai resources. This is a bad idea and I will have to fond a new browser that does not support the use of ai  

FrostFireSky
Making moves

Please do not put generative AI or AI services in Mozilla products, even as an optional feature. The lack of them is the main reason I switched over to Firefox.

penryu
Making moves

Please understand that the users who DON'T value openness, privacy, and transparency have already left.

As for the rest o us, if you enable this garbage, we will switch it off.

If you make it mandatory, we will have no reason left to stay.

Kat23a
Making moves

If you put AI in Firefox, I will stop using Firefox. AI is built on stolen data and I personally know people who have lost their jobs because of it.

Koneko713
Making moves

I understand that this is a trial period but I will absolutely begin searching for alternatives to Firefox as well as cancelling my Mozilla vpn if llm/chatbot/generative ai tools are integrated into Firefox. Privacy concerns, environmental concerns, and the fact that such chatbots demonstrably obscure information and make browsing the web more confusing are all reasons I find this absolutely infuriating. I am deeply disappointed in this move by Mozilla to chase a harmful tech trend that I’m sure will soon (but not soon enough) go the way of the NFTs. Your users largely do not want this and it is not difficult to foresee it going from an optional integration to a forced one like every other tech company has shoehorned into their products. At most this should be an extension, not an integration into Firefox.

In short: NO

ano
Making moves

I am deeply, deeply disappointed that Mozilla is jumping on the incredibly unethical LLM train. LLMs have, as we have major and ample evidence of, are completely and utterly useless for anything resembling web searching or research, because of the incredibly high instances of hallucinated data. So Mozilla is adding something that can only be used for "fun" that comes at the cost of having to scrape as much data as possible—including copyrighted data!—and an immense waste of natural resources.

Truly cannot overstate my upset and disappointment.

CyanApocalypse
Making moves

Please do NOT add AI to Firefox, this is my last safe browser of the internet!!! AI is exhausting and legitimately dangerous in its efforts of spreading misinformation across the internet! Please please please do NOT do this!!!

Dryophytes
Making moves

I've been a diehard Firefox fan for a while. I believe in the core that Mozilla has established for privacy, and incorporating AI "features" would be antithetical to that mission. Please don't.

aishahiwatari
Making moves

If you could find me literally one person who asked for this.....

10kmotorola
Making moves

no. make it an extension. if this is integrated into the browser, I and hundreds of thousands of others will no longer support Mozilla.

qu13t0ne
Making moves

Please for the love of why I use Firefox in the first place do NOT drink the kool-aid of adding "AI" into the browser.

LMol321
Making moves

PLEASE NO.

Stop trying to shoehorn AI into everything!

Wolfette
Making moves

Generative AI is not useful.  There is no actual application for a sentence guesser that is full of internet **bleep** posts.  Anything else it can do is only because a rube-goldberg machine has been dropped on top of the **bleep**post auto fill base.  Unless you mean some kind of nonLLM AI, but actually useful AI is very targeted and has a specific purpose.  

ebony1442
Making moves

Absolutely not. AI has given me nothing and has demonstrated its general uselessness for search engines and browsers on an almost daily basis through your competition. I'm am emphatically not interested.

LttrsRgby
Making moves

AI is garbage and kills people (see AI mushroom guides), not to mention originality and critical thought.  Go back to IBM's dictate: "A computer can never be held accountable, therefore a computer must never make management decisions."  The world is full of lazy people with no understanding of how AI works; enabling them to offload thought of all kinds will ruin lives, careers, and public life.

vparkinson47
Making moves

Absolutely not. Keep this AI garbage out of the only good browser there is.

C-Puff
Making moves

Although I appreciate the thought to make it optional and needing to be turned on manually, as well as not affecting any of Firefox's core functionality, I feel like this might be a highly unpopular implementation as far as the majority of users is concerned. I understand the need to keep up with technological trends, however I feel this isn't the best use of Firefox's funds and budget and those funds are better used elsewhere in Firefox's infrastructure.

Also, Ai is unreliable and eats up resources in general, and I am not comfortable implementing such a feature on a small scale, as this will inevitably lead to feature creep and runs the risk of relying too much on this unreliable AI model and having it take over more and more of Firefox's functionality over time which NOBODY wants.

Your userbase specifically uses Firefox to get away from the corporate stranglehold of other browsers and services. It would be detrimental to follow their trends when your audience is specifically here for the opposite of features like this.

anneeworth
Making moves

Please don't do this.