cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Privacy Essentials blocks Youtube links

gridsleep
Making moves

In Firefox in Windows 10, Privacy Essentials blocks Youtube linked videos in referrer web sites, such as illwillpress[.]com and matrixsynth[.]com. When selecting a video, the wait loading spinner runs forever. Protections must be turned off for the video to immediately be shown as expected. There is no warning of any suspected threat. This appears to be a blanket overly aggressive application of security. The problem may have appeared within the last couple of weeks to a month.

3 REPLIES 3

jscher2000
Leader

Do you mean the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials add-on? I wonder whether there is a way to raise this issue with DDG so they can look into it.

I have notified Duckduckgo through the problem reporting tool in the Privacy Essentials plugin. I can only assume that it sent it to where it will do some good. Until I receive some response, I am also posting the details here in case anyone from DDG happens to read it. Also, it may assist some other Firefox user who is facing the same problem. It took me a few days to find the cause. I always forget to use Troubleshoot Mode when there is a browser problem.

gridsleep
Making moves

I should add that since finding out about DDG Privacy Essentials blocking Youtube links, I found out that Mozilla Enhanced Tracking Protection must be disabled in order to see videos on at least one site, Patreon.com. In order to listen to vlogs or watch videos from parties to whom I subscribe, both DDG Privacy Essentials and Mozilla Enhanced Tracking Protection must be disabled. So, there's a Mozilla problem for you all to chew on. You're welcome.