cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible, detestable, disgusting Mozilla login process

NunyaFnBidnz
Making moves

If I wanted you to send me emails to force me to log into an email account so I can click links and type 20 times what I wanted, I'd just use other people's crappy software.

10 minutes to fart around to access THIS feature simply ensures that, like most people, I won't use it.

Someone else with nothing to do can find and report the bugs.

3 REPLIES 3

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

Agreed.  The level of security is ridiculous for a site like this.  The worst anybody can do is write something nasty which a moderator would quickly delete anyway.  I hardly ever have to re-log-in to the support site and there's no messing about with e-mail links when I do have to so why is it needed here?

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

Are you referring to emails from Connect as a means to logging in to Connect?

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

I can't speak for NunyaFnBidnz but this site, ie Mozilla Connect, keeps logging me out.  Usually it's just a case of clicking Sign In at the top but sometimes that results in a pop-up saying it's sent me an e-mail with a link I've got to click to get any further.

Sometimes jumping through these hoops looses what I've already typed.  At the very least the Reply box shouldn't show if you're not authorised to use it.