cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox closes and loses all my open tabs with version update

apostate
Making moves

I have opted to keep tabs open / reopen tabs that were open at window close, and this normally works ok. However, (at least most times) when there's a version update that comes with a "Firefox is updated" page opening at startup, Firefox only opens that tab/window and I lose all my precious tabs that were open in the window that was closed the last time I used FF. This has only happened after "Firefox view" was introduced. When this happens, I can never find those tabs in "recently closed windows" - they just disappear without a trace! I can sometimes find them in history, but only for tabs that have been active lately, and still it is a lot of unnecessary work as I can't always remember all the tabs that were open. This is quite frustrating! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

There is a specific problem with Firefox 127.0 if you have a Primary Password set and you cancel the dialog at startup on the first run of Firefox 127. If that happened to you, please see this Mozilla Support thread:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1449541?page=2#answer-1657106

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

linmacwin
Making moves

It happens with me  three times the last months when firefox is updating in a W11Pro with arm-proc-setting: all my tabs gone. In the past never. I consider after using Firefox for almost 35 years to transfer to another browser, this way it's impossible to organize my things.

catpancake
Making moves

Are you able to find them in History -> Restore Previous Session? That always seems to work for me.

jscher2000
Leader

There is a specific problem with Firefox 127.0 if you have a Primary Password set and you cancel the dialog at startup on the first run of Firefox 127. If that happened to you, please see this Mozilla Support thread:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1449541?page=2#answer-1657106