cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox 127 for mac broke multioutput audio interfaces

pabloscotty
Making moves

I'm using UAD twin and v. 126 works perfectly but 127 just ignores system setings related to specified outputs were I want to playback audio.

6 REPLIES 6

mtaddict
Making moves

Same problem here! Becoming crazy.

noneoftheabove
Making moves

v.127 is not working with UAD Apollo 8xp. It cost me half a working day to pin it down. Cant get previous version to work again. I'm not prepared to give up a a multiport interface so Firefox is no good to me anymore, switching browsers as we speak. It's a shame, I liked Mozilla, been with them a long time. Bye

barnfield
Making moves

I have the same problem with an RME Digiface USB. Since Version 127 Firefox overrides the macOS system settings and routes Audio to output 1+2 of the interface. With this issue, Firefox is useless for me, too, and i switched to chrome. But i hope, mozilla will fix this.

mtaddict
Making moves

Does anyone know how to report this to Mozilla directly? How can I contact them about this awful bug?

I'm French and I don't really know how to find the right words in English to describe this problem precisely...

barnfield
Making moves

Good News 😎

Firefox 128 was released today and they solved the problem. The audiorouting is working correct here.

Thanx Mozilla.

noneoftheabove
Making moves

Update:

Sanity has been restored with update v128.0. Multiport Output with Apollo 8XP is working again. Somewhere angels are now at rest. I'm so glad to be back, Chrome just felt a little creepy.