cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Firefox's privacy protection be improved to the same level as Brave?

wutongtaiwan
Familiar face

Brave's team comes from Firefox, but Brave is much stronger than Firefox in terms of privacy protection. You can take a look at the comparison between Brave and Firefox on the Brave website, Firefox lacks ad filtering, powerful fingerprint blocking, and query parameter filtering.

wutongtaiwan_0-1722494762334.png

https://brave.com/compare/firefox-vs-brave/   Take a look at this website

wutongtaiwan_1-1722494816559.png

My recommendations are:

1. Built-in Tor network. Added a Tor privacy window.
2. Fingerprint randomization. When I looked it up, I found that the reason why Tor Browser doesn't use fingerprint randomization is because it thinks fingerprint randomization is performance-intensive, so it uses a way to reduce fingerprint differences to combat fingerprinting. But I think you can go two ways, in both directions at the same time, and then it's up to the user to decide what method to use against fingerprinting, and I'm leaning towards fingerprint randomization. Moreover, Brave's fingerprint changes every time it starts, not every time the window is refreshed, so the performance consumption should not be too much, which is acceptable.

3. Built-in AdGuard ad filter. In addition to filtering ads, it also blocks trackers and query parameters, which Firefox isn't good at at the moment. Many trackers are not in Firefox's tracker list, but they are in the tracker list of ad filters, and Firefox does not have query parameter filtering, while ad filters do. Adguard is an open-source extension that can be used out of the box.

0 REPLIES 0