cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Review Checker reviews/feedback/comments???

mark_e_h
Making moves

I find the new Review Checker on Amazon marginally helpful - probably because my habit is to always look at most recent reviews of all rankings, instead of the path Amazon leads - to only positive reviews.
However, occasionally the R.C. gets what I think is an erroneous result.
Recent case was a Japanese stationery product (on the U.S. site) where all of the reviews were in Japanese. R.C. rated the reviews as an "F," I presume because R.C. didn't translate them. But Firefox could easily translate to English, and looking at them they seemed both authentic and positive.
My real question is this: for a new, beta product I would think Mozilla would welcome some reviews of the Review Checker. I could find no way to do this.
Hence - this posting.
Suggestion - a feature on the still in Beta review checker to grade the Review Checker check of the review.

2 REPLIES 2

Haylan
Making moves

I agree that it is very difficult to leave feedback or suggestions regrading Review Checker. I do think Review Checker has potential to be very helpful however without accepting discussion and or feed back it is less likely it will evolve properly. As an example: I have noticed that on Amazon  there are often products offered in different sizes or colors but Amazon just lumps all of the reviews for the listing together. Thus if the viewer changes from say a green item to a red item the reviews available do not change to reflect the color change. This of course in this example makes perfect sense. However Review Checker appears to act as though the reviews for the different colored product are unique for that color so in one case I found the 3100 reviews for the green product received a C rating and star rating dropped to 3 stars. When the red item was checked the exact same 3100 reviews received an A rating and the star rating remained at 4.5 stars. This clearly demonstrates the the algorithm is in error for one or both. Someone needs to delve into this to determine what is wrong and begin making improvements. It is in Beta so these issues are to be expected which is the whole purpose of Bets testing. However without aggressive feedback the Beta system is missing many opportunities to gain useful data.

mhill8
Making moves

I'd like to report some results I think are anomalous, to help improve the checking.

On this Amazon product page (tools, black variant), RC gives the reviews a 'A'.  Clicking on the silver variant, RC gives the reviews an 'F'.  Both pages appear to show the same reviews; it looks like they're all for the silver variant.