cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does FF run multiple windows in the background?

LMP
Making moves

Firefox has been around for years, yet their developers still can't resolve the same issues that's been around for years.

With the recent updates for the past few months FF is simply riddled with problems. First, its become extremely slow, it won't run videos without the same tag having to be open, however it constantly runs multiple tabs in the background playing the audio even when you've closed ALL tabs....I have ONE tab open yet task manager shows 13, 15, 12 and if I make sure to close all tabs, FF shuts down. When I open one tab again, once more multiple tabs open in the background. Turning off the multi-process [browser.tabs.remote.autostart] it still runs a constant stream of multiple tabs in the background.

I can't keep constantly resetting settings in config every single time FF does an update, which seem to be on a weekly basis. It would be a fulltime job!

I've forgotten the massive long list of issues as there are so many.

1 REPLY 1

Petroman
Making moves

I am out after almost 20 years as  using this as my go to browser. All it does is run incredibly slow and freeze up on a Lenovo P16 (Intel i9-1250HX, 32 MB system RAM, and Nvidia RTX A4500 with 16 GB VRAM running on a 500 mbps down internet connection. And I have tried EVERYTHING that Mozilla and independent websites advise. What a crying shame. Your product has devolved into garbage.