cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Account Functionality

FairMaven
Making moves

I ran into an issue after upgrading to 128 that is so disruptive to my workflow and so annoying and apparently there is no way to fix that I am downgrading back to 127 and came on here to upvote a post requesting the developers change that.

Which is where I started to run into my problems.
I first got redirected to discourse.mozilla.org when trying to respond in these forums. Discourse doesn't let me enter or change a password and AUTOMATICALLY ASSIGNS ME A RANDOMLY GENERATED PASSWORD. And, even more of a security flaw, despite not saving my log in information or entering it anywhere, merely clicking the "log in" button LOGGED ME IN AUTOMATICALLY WITHOUT ENTERING CREDENTIALS.

I then got a link from the downgrade page for Firefox which didn't lead me to the Discourse forums but rather to accounts.firefox.com as a way to provide feedback.

And now, the third time I tried to log in, via the button at the top rather than the reply button in the topic, I got brought to a page for SSO signing into connect.mozilla.org ... which I could not back out of to return to the topic. Opening the topic in a new tab AUTOMATICALLY TRANSFERRED ME TO THE SSO PAGE and the back button is greyed out and I can't actually read the topic without setting a username ... which I already DID on my accounts.firefox.com account page? So I don't know what is going on. But signing out lets me read the topic again, but I can't comment, so wow, that's not terribly inconvenient.

Basically, maybe instead of removing functionality that people are using from your browser, make your website not completely inimicable to people doing such basic things as creating accounts. Auto generating passwords, auto logging people in without credentials, not letting people set their own passwords, having the ability to accidentally wind up on three different create an account pages, not being able to read forum topics when signed in ... these are basic red flags of website design I would not expect to run into in the modern era and especially not from such a well regarded organization.

Now, I'm off to downgrade to 127 and hopefully there aren't any essential security issues, because I will not be upgrading past there until there's a way to restore the empty search bar functionality.

0 REPLIES 0