cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunderbird v102, calendar reminders cannot be minimized

james007_
Making moves

I have linked my google calendar to Thunderbird 102 via the Caldav format.

After the update to 102 the calendar reminders cannot be Dismissed, neither Dismiss single reminder nor multiple.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

43 REPLIES 43

wsmwk
Thunderbird Team
Thunderbird Team

A variety of dismiss alarm bug reports are linked to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1314185.  Perhaps your issue will match to one of  them.

Wayne, Community Manager, Thunderbird

Wayne - in this thread you refer to the bugzilla post, in the bugzilla thread you refer back to this post and other bugs. None of these indicate any way to tweak this on our end, nor fixes on the dev end.
Is there work being done on this and some sort of fix on the way?

dcd
Making moves

I'm now on the 32bit version 115.7.0 on Windows 10, and this problem with dismissing Google calendar notifications continues. It occurs when I dismiss the notification on another device or machine first, then it normally requires that I first exit Thunderbird, and dismiss the notification a few time, including 'reloading' changes from the server. Truely an annoying misfeature

AdilusPrimus
Making moves

Yes same behaviour observed here.
Running Ubuntu 24.

Interesting fact is that it does that sometimes with my Gmail but not with my Outlook mail account.

The only way I found to dismiss it, since once it does not get dismissed, it will come back each time you open your mail client.

This is a regression from the previous version and I always thought that upgrading goes in pair with... Evolution? 😜...

Anyhow, to remove it I have no choice but to delete the event: kind of it sucks to for keeping history, cheers!