cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The browser wars are over, and Firefox, lost.

Linux-Is-Best
Making moves

I am mad at Mozilla.  Firefox, was once the leading web browser on the planet, and you killed it. 

Do you think I and others kept using Firefox because we liked the cute fox logo? If yes, think again. We used Firefox because Firefox stood for something better, but unfortunately, Mozilla has continued to make questionable choices. Now Mozilla an ad company who is looking to incorporate A.I. in a future release, while also working closely with Meta (Facebook) and Google.

It is not like no one wanted to save, Firefox. Mozilla once a had a team of paid developers, which Mozilla laid off, while giving management bonuses. Mozilla plenty of user-feedback, which they ignored. Mozilla experienced a wave of volunteers, who were also ignored or whose solutions to problems were slow to be applied. Mozilla was given free mainstream press,  just before Mozilla made yet another questionable choice or pushed out another broken release.  Mozilla kept making poor choice after poor choice. How many dead end, side projects, has Mozilla wasted both time, money, and resources on, as opposed to bettering their web browser? 

Those users, they're not coming back. It seems as though whenever people started to come back, Mozilla shot itself in the foot. There is an "ick" factor now. You'd have to re-brand and call your browser something else, just to be taken seriously.

That left only your most devoted power users, and today, you're pushing them away too as you embed spyware to measure ad performance by default, bundling every possible A.I. (artificial intelligence) service imaginable (ChatGPT, Google, and others I've never heard of), and you're working with Facebook and Google.  

It is no wonder you have only above a two percent market share. The IRS website not so recently failed to load in Firefox (it is fixed now), but you're an afterthought even for government webmasters. I have seen this before, when Netscape came to an end.  That is where we are today.

2 REPLIES 2

daphne_colson
Making moves

Sure, the market landscape has shifted, but Firefox is still innovating. Features like Pocket integration and container tabs are great. Let's focus on making Firefox the best browser for power users again.

No one uses Pocket.  Honestly, I asked over a million people on social media if anyone used Pocket and minus the 4,709 people who said they did, the other 301,444 people who answered my poll said they do not.

Container tabs is nothing new. Browsers have had those for a while.