cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Locking in uploads to the Most Recently Used file list

Phuxxi
Making moves

Partly because I have a healthy sense of paranoia about YOU PEOPLE IN FIREFOX having access to my most recently used file list - it really is NONE of your business.

It also smacks of more surveillance state bull - but via the people of Mozilla and their browser.

So knock it off.

Even with extensive research and examination of the Config files, and consultations with other users:

a) There doesn't appear to be any way to change to ones upload folder of choice.

b) And having established a fairly stable system, in terms of browser reliability and configuration, I have no intention of screwing it up by experimenting with redirecting the browser from the Most Recently Used Files, to my folder of choice.

And it's about time that you stopped imposing your decisions upon us, as to what you can or can't access on our systems - and let us select our own upload and download folders of choice.

Nuff said.

Please Fix it.

1 REPLY 1

Herkules97
Making moves

Am I missing context or is the upload part about clicking those browse buttons that open Windows Explorer, or equivalent on Linux?

For download, I don't see how they have access to your file list if that is what you mean..In config it'll just say the last set folder, not any file within.

I do wonder what would happen if you were to change the related lines to different folders than what's in them right now

user_pref("browser.download.dir" and user_pref("browser.download.lastDir".

Maybe nothing, I'm not trying it.

For this page, clicking browse opens to the desktop. I believe this is a per-page thing from what I can tell. Google.com opens into the last used folder for that page for example, where you upload image to find similar or same image on the web. I doubt they know any of the files within as it uses the OS for browsing.

I hope I'm mistaken in what you mean, you haven't given enough detail and I doubt anyone else will reply looking at your other post.