Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,149 REPLIES 3,149

I've seen Librewolf mentioned at the very top (?) of the thread iirc, was told Brave is also FF based and Vivaldi is apparently chromium based.

Librewolf is where I'm landing.  Brave added some crypto BS a while back and I dropped it ASAP.

Oh that's very good to know!

grimmdog
Making moves

i will stop using firefox if AI integration is added

oceannotalake
Making moves

Please don't do this! A lot of the reason people use firefox is because it doesn't have any AI services or algorithms implemented in it! AI like this is actively contributing to the degradation of the internet and you are one of the last bastions that has not succumbed to it!

Florence
Making moves

Don't.

apester
Making moves

This is a feature I will never use. It is also a feature Firefox should never have. The environmental impact of AI on power usage and water is staggering, which is enough to shelve this on its own.

Are there AI/algorithmic applications in, say, recognizing cancer cells in scientific research? Yes! But I'm guessing you are trying to put in a **bleep**ty LLM that is trained on data it was not given permission to use and has not been screened for implicit biases and not giving us all early cancer screenings for free.

RainbowCrows
Making moves

Do I want AI in Firefox?

I would rather set myself on fire.

Please keep it out. Yes, even as an "option".

IanaLunette
Making moves

No.

Honeybee793
Making moves

Good heavens, why would you? I switched to Firefox precisely to get away from all of this earth-murdering, soul-destroying, profit-worshiping madness. Look to who your user-base actually is, Mozilla. You'll find your answers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

No more AI crap. We're already filling the internet with garbage and killing the environment as it is

hippilessrich
Making moves

you **bleep**ing up the perfect browser !

hippilessrich
Making moves

i already stopped using duckduckgo because of the a.i crap they added ,im thinking **bleep** can computer completely ! this would be final straw !

S_kay
Making moves

Please do not? The only reason I use Firefox still is because it does not have AI. Thank you for not putting AI in it❤️.

SomeOtherUser
Making moves

Don't do this. Don't do this. I have been trying to actively avoid using services that use AI. I would rather not have to avoid using Firefox.

hulufei
Making moves

1. Add keyboard shortcut to toggle AI services sidebar.

2. Visual feedback on focus in chat input box.

Bex
Making moves

Please do not alienate your loyal users by jumping on the terrible AI train. We do not want this, we did not ask for it, distinguish yourself by not buying into the bull**bleep** and falling for the lemon of AI.

TenTheArtist
Making moves

I am opposed to the current use of generative AI not only because it steals works from real humans with zero credit given but it also uses a lot of energy and other resources to function.  I am using Firefox over any of the other search engines out there in part because your browser is not forcing this "feature" on its users by default.

Oynezra
Making moves

Yeah, gonna have to jump in on this to say ABSOLUTELY NO. You've built up a massive amount of good will and support, with many wanting to push to make Firefox everyone's default browser. Do not throw this all away for a quick buck. You are about to burn down everything you've worked to build with no way to ever recover. No. Do Not.

DO NOT ADD AI.

sockandkey
Making moves

please please please don't!!! most of the reason I use firefox is because it has good features and privacy settings. generative AI uses ridiculous amounts of power, is fueled by uncredited work, and (if google's AI feature is any proof) often generates potentially dangerous misinformation.

amae
Making moves

Please don't.

ShiraCheshire
Making moves

**bleep** no, like holy **bleep**, this is the worst possible idea. Find whoever suggested this and throw their entire person into the trash can and never speak about this again.

s38n
Making moves

Please don't. Ai has shown to be bull**bleep** that has only worsen the diferent programs where it's being added. For the good of the users of firefox don't add it

Calleeflower
Making moves

NO DO NOT DO THIS! IF I WANT AI, I WILL SEEK IT OUT! 

tutorpeople
Making moves

Don't do this, please.

razeghi71
Making moves

I can't believe all this hatred, I love this feature. It helps me better understand what I'm reading on a web page using my existing ChatGPT subscription, which has honestly saved me so much time and money. Other extensions rely on an API key from OpenAI that costs extra money over the existing subscription. This has really made my workflow 100% faster. Thanks!

HiHoGandalfAway
Making moves

Bad idea - not only are the ethics generally whack but AI searches return horrendous results and generative AI can't do anything I don't want to do.

It's also wildly unpopular as a concept with your userbase.

askingforhelp
Making moves

Please give us an opportunity to disable it completely.

grindstm
Making moves

Great feature! The popup menu for generating the prompt is really useful. Can I access and modify these prompts, or add more to the list? Thanks for integrating this.

NikaNika
Making moves

NO