Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,146 REPLIES 3,146

Catk
Making moves

No, I will stop using Firefox. For the love of god no. 

techcube
Making moves

Listen, I have an actual review for y'all. Could you remove the annoying sparkles emoji that appears below text I highlight? The right-click menu already has the "Ask AI" option. It's unnecessary and in-the-way thus annoying.

Beewytched
Making moves

Absolutely not. I went to Firefox to escape from the various browsers deciding to implement ai where it isn't wanted. I feel like a betrayed Obi-Wan screaming 'YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!' at Anakin. As of right now, I'm looking for alternatives to Firefox that offer the same privacy and security, or close to as.

If Firefox decides despite the various negative comments they're getting, I will no longer be using this browser nor will I be recommending it to others, and I hope others will do the same. If anyone has an recommendations for other browsers, I'd be glad if you shared them with others.

Thellamaartist
Making moves

Oh hells no, you are not putting AI anywhere near this browser, you are making it an add on at most, YOU ARE NOT ALIENATING YOUR USERBASE OF CODERS AND ARTISTS WHO DESPISE AI IN EQUAL MEASURE

tunderpal
Making moves

Do NOT do this please ai is never a good idea

genmu
Making moves

gonna have to agree with the consensus of Hard No on this one. as of current, regardless of whether or not the integration of AI functions *could* have reliable uses to justify it (everything points to this stuff being incredibly unreliable, so that's a dubious assumption at best), the overabundance and abuse of these technologies has absolutely depleted any good will people could have towards them. put it away. give it 10 years and see if the discussion has evolved. right now, this stuff's just an eyesore, so don't waste your time developing it.

turtburgler
Making moves

Literally the only thing that could get me to stop using Firefox is AI integration. I'm using Firefox to GET AWAY from browsers that are forcing gimmicky, unhelpful, and privacy violating services onto users. Adding the planet killing plagiarism machine is all of that.

CH2
Making moves

NO NO NO NO NO

juniepear
Making moves

absolutely not

FreshAir
Making moves

I find the integration of this kind of AI into all web browsers incredibly disturbing.  From a business perspective, I think it’s actually more wise to NOT integrate AI to further distinguish yourself from platforms like Google and give the large amount of people against AI a platform they want to use.  As an individual, I am extremely against this kind of artificial intelligence and find it antithetical to Firefox’s message of anti-tracking.

Seendra
Making moves

Even if it's optional, I'm very disappointed that you've considered this option at all. It is not needed, it is not wanted, and wastes a lot of resources. Please reconsider.

JaxN
Making moves

Absolutely not and I will no longer be using Firefox if this is put into full effect

namara-ashina
Making moves

DO NOT. i will actively start searching for a different browser if this gets integrated into the browser.

abkvs
Making moves

Absolutely not. I've trusted Firefox for literally the majority of my life, having first used it as a literal child around the time of its inception. If you put AI in this browser, I'm uninstalling and never going back. The fact that you're even considering it is an obscene breach of the trust you've built over the years. This is disgusting and you should feel ashamed. This is not ethical.

Oh, and by the way? Your employee responding with passive aggressive condescending "you just don't understand" buzzword nonsense is a seriously bad look. We understand perfectly. We're saying no.

Lifeup
Making moves

Just scrap the entire idea and don't try and force this garbage upon your userbase, how about that?

stele3
Making moves

Literally no one wants this.

TheDissapointed
Making moves

AI uses a massive amount of energy per each prompt. Like, a massive amount. It uses so much water just to keep it cool. It's also not reliable in the slightest and all it does it make your audience lose trust for you.

I will never use fire fox again if you guys add ai. I know plenty of people who feel the same. Very dissapointed.

troubled-pasta
Making moves

Please don't. Nobody wanted AI in the first place, it's value was purely speculative and TO THIS DAY nobody can identify the supposed multi-billion dollar problem this supposed 'multi-billion dollar industry' is supposed to solve.

Microsoft and Google are caught in a race to the bottom to see who can bleed the most money out of their users while delivering as little product or service as possible, AI is just a symptom of the terminal disease they both have.

I would like to think that Mozilla, whose ENTIRE ETHOS is doing things properly and not just making a quick buck at the expense of users would understand why emulating that behaviour spits in the face of your customers.

Much like what everyone else is saying, if you implement AI I'm done with Firefox for good. Hope whatever paycheck you're getting for it is worth not having a userbase at the end of it.

Gina2
Making moves
  1. Please please please don't integrate ai into Firefox. I'm BEGGING. Google search results are already infected by inaccurate ai results making the website impossible to use
  2. Ai wastes a ton of energy and requires a lot of water to cool the servers they run on. In this time of impending climate change disaster I don't want to be forced to contribute to the problem more than I already am.
  3. Ai steals artwork and jobs from artists-- writers included
  4. While I think there are practical uses for ai, I think the tech industry is overselling the actual capabilities of ai. I think they're propping up a service that's not actually as useful or correct as they think. I think the proper thing to do is perhaps maybe offer a guide on how to research things online in one of Firefox's existing services, to help people get better results when using the internet to search for things.

Please I'm BEGGINg you, do not ruin firefox with ai. I literally left Chrome because of the implementation of artificial intelligence in their webservices and because they allow ai to scrape Google docs and other services without providing a clear guide on how to block it.

uuid
Making moves

I'm probably the target audience for this feature: I think AI is fascinating, I think there's nothing wrong with analyzing publicly shared data to build a product, and I use LLMs on a semi-regular basis.  That said, I still don't have much interest in this. if I want an LLM to do something with web page content I'll just open it in a new tab and paste in the text.

grumblecore
Making moves

Please for the love of what/whoever don't do this. This is a terrible, terrible, terrible idea.

RouflaKate
Making moves

Hi! Nobody asked for this, nobody wants it, it's just going to ruin things that work perfectly without it and i'm not even talking about how many natural ressources AI consumes for nothing. Please remove this useless thing. I wish AI a very "get extinct soon".

Sistercoyote
Making moves

Please do not.

zofifi
Making moves

No. Nope. Nu-uh. My goodness why are every single company so dead set on putting AI into everything. Why is nowhere AI free thieese days. They are litterally useless.

HK47
Making moves

I do not see the purpose in an AI update to the browser, and I'm unlikely to use it as a Firefox user. If it is incorporated more intrusively, I may switch to another browser.

CalicoCoffee101
Making moves

As an exclusive Firefox user who installed it to get away from invasive sellout browsers, no. Just no.

I'll echo the sentiments of everyone else here and say we're tired of AI being shoved in our faces, i can confidently say Firefox will lose a large portion of its userbase if they subscribe to this awful trend, and I myself may not feel safe to continue using it.

Firefoxs' appeal is in its loyalty to its users, its privacy, customisability, convenience, I could go on. But to sacrifice that for a feature nobody wanted nor needed would be a massive loss on Mozillas part, and extremely disappointing.

rica_p
Making moves

Hey there, I am hugely disappointed that an organization such as Mozilla would even consider implementing AI into their browser. Should this turn out to be actually included in future versions, I am seriously considering changing the browser I use from Firefox to another one. I sincerely hope that your team is able to listen to this feedback and keep on excluding AI, which imho is a huge quality feat that does not require any improvement. All the best!

Cosmics
Making moves

hey, no. you dont need ai to do anything. like. the ai-ification of programs and apps is appalling. its not needed at all and should be removed asap. who the heck thought this was a good idea

K-RAM
Making moves

Why the absolute ELBOW would you do this. Please keep AI tf out of Mozilla.

Sidenote: Is this why every time I open Firefox for the last month, it's been using 40-45% CPU and GPU on nothing at all  (literally even when I'm not using my computer, but firefox is open)??? Am I in some kind of test group??? STOP

!! I noticed that too! Not a fan.

Mx_Booyah
Making moves

My thoughts exactly. I moved to Firefox to avoid all the AI and privacy nonsense that other browsers have started to employ. I like Firefox, but I'll leave it behind too if this is implemented.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Making moves

I literally just switched to Firefox a few months ago to avoid exactly this! Not happy about the fact that if this goes ahead I’ll have to find an alternative browser again.

StormSought
Making moves

PLEASE do not add this stolen spam garbage. Add any other functionality. Add better ways to block out AI content. Nothing is more frustrating than having bloated AI garbage in the way, that takes eight times as long to get nowhere with as it would to just do anything without AI.

KannibalKanine
Making moves

Please do not use AI. Everytime I see people talk about AI features it is negative. One of the things that led me to use your browser during my switch from chrome was your lack of AI. Using AI will do nothing but piss people off. Every AI feature I was forced to use just **bleep**ed me over and made it so much harder for the person I inevitably got in contact with to fix my problem. It cost both me and the other person a lot more time then simply just talking to someone to begin with. 

synadrin
Making moves

Please don't add AI to Firefox. I prefer my web browser to be useful, and secure, and private.

Katkat
Making moves

no 😞 people who use firefox are literally the last people who would ever want AI in their lives

dasfem
Making moves

Please, NO. AI is useless garbage that harms the environment. I love Firefox and hate AI.

juniperberry
Making moves

Completely uninterested, sorry. I've had my work scraped for generative AI and it took almost two years to get to a neutral place about it and I still viscerally dislike it. Thanks for not making this opt-out but I have no interest in this at all. Really disappointed to see Mozilla going in this direction.

-c
Making moves

Well why don't I just switch back to Chrome, then?