Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,153 REPLIES 3,153

notnull
Making moves

Extremely disappointed to learn you are doing this despite everyone unanimously explaining to you what a terrible idea it is. Why go to the effort of maintaining a feedback forum if you're just going to shut your ears and ignore it no matter what?

On the plus side, this is also how I found out about LibreWolf, so that's a nice silver lining at least.

caen03
Making moves

That is disgusting. I expected better from you. AI is harmful to the environment and creators, it wastes so much energy, and for no gain. DO NOT include AI in ANYTHING.

eeeezy7
Making moves

I use Firefox (in part) to avoid AI, no one wants this.

DannyM
Making moves

My user feedback is I have zero interest in using this and it lowers my opinion of your platform. generative AI companies are in a **bleep**storm of ethical and copyright problems right now and I just see no reason to treat it like an accepted normal thing

david_james
Making moves

Nobody asked for this.

jewin-ur-mom
Making moves

Please don't - I will find another browser if this gets implemented.

Drac
Making moves

NO AI PLEASE!!!!!

MrMr1019
Making moves

AI is largely unethical, is an environmental disaster, and should not be implemented. Period.

14billionyears
Making moves

Hard pass.

jackstrade
Making moves

Please don't. I've been faithful to Firefox for a long time because I appreciate the simplicity, security, and sincerity of the browser. I switched over from Chrome because I was tired of their garbage years ago. If this gets implemented I will not hesitate to switch browsers.

kuku2000
Making moves

No, I literally added an extension to keep googles AI garbage away from me. PLEASE DO NOT INTEGRATE AI, I'm begging you not to

Tunanoot
Making moves

Absolutely not. I will not accept the scourge of AI on every tech platform. Even DuckDuckGo was not spared of a mediocre chatbot. AI brings nothing but harm, and is a consistent source of misinformation that wastes energy and water. The public is disinterested and untrustworthy of generative AI, and if your company wants to keep its reputation, you will NOT integrate it.

I'm sorry, but AI is just a buzzword for shareholders, and will not be superior to simply researching things yourself, you can't advance by just shoving it in everything.

Caiylist
Making moves

Hello! Please don’t do this. A large reason I’m using Firefox is because it does not have large in-built AI functions. They are horrible.

lioreos
Making moves

PLEASE do not integrate AI. It’s ruined every search bar that has had AI integrated, and I use Firefox because it retains a lot more of my privacy and feeling safe online. AI will do the opposite.

locketshoru
Making moves

No. Bad. I would rather be shot. We do not need it.

patchworker
Making moves

if firefox users want to be lied to i'll do it without wasting a bottle's worth of water per query.

I wouldn't mind being lied to. Why does the sun get replaced by the moon at night?

Bi1z38
Making moves

DONT 👎🏽

BasilsBestPaint
Making moves

Part of the reason I'm very big on Firefox is the large focus on privacy and security.

Adding an AI would very much go against the ideology- even if it's optional for now. I don't believe that there is a large market for AI extensions within the current user base.

TullaBlue
Making moves

Against. tl;dr:

• I'm unsatisfied LLMs, even those chosen by Mozilla have been trained on ethically sourced data, given with informed consent.
  • Hallucinated data and facts further the spread of misinformation and the motivation, time and energy required to fact-check every claim is unreasonably high.
  • As a developer, learning how others have grown to rely on these tools for their projects chills me. To have Generative AI solve one's problems - to my understanding  - gives one no way to grow their programming skills or knowledge.
    The same can be said for any form of creative work, from fiction to an essay to an e-mail; if one doesn't understand -why- what they've made works, how are they to learn and grow? In other words: "If you couldn't be bothered writing this yourself, why should I be bothered to read it?"

Ultimately I feel there's no substitute for hard work and by leaning on the "quick and easy" way offered by Generative AI, we risk stagnating not just creatively, but as a wider Internet.

If Mozilla -must- offer a product with Generative AI, I would expect it to be something opt-in, such as an add-on or it's own separate program as say, Firefox Focus is to Firefox for mobile. If this is something that makes it into Firefox itself and my concerns remain, I cannot see myself continuing to support Mozilla.

DasUnicorm
Making moves

Absolutely Not

meels
Making moves

please don't. we don't need ai in our lives and i would argue that it actively makes us less intelligent, less curious, less reliable, less diligent, and less able to understand the truth.

Speratus
Making moves

If I am forced to use AI I am abandoning this browser immediately.

whywouldIdothis
Making moves

NO AI. We don't want it! It's unethical, ineffective, and bad for the environment! Don't bother adding it, we're all just going to turn it off asap.

sswermund
Making moves

literally begging when i say please no. i'm so tired of the plagiarism machines, and EACH USE is like dumping 16oz of water right on the ground. who is asking for these things. why are they inescapable. i'm so tired. please don't do this.

3potatoes
Making moves

NO

gibbsith
Making moves

DO NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use firefox both on my laptop and my phone. please do not do this.

Minerorwoozer
Making moves

Please do not do this, your lack of an "AI" was one of the main reasons I switched to you from Opera GX. Please do not make me regret that decision

Bananapeels
Making moves

Please do not do this. Statistically generated text cannot and must not replace our human critical thinking. It is inherently unreliable and undesirable. It is a solution in search of a problem, which will only create more problems in the long run, both fiscal and existential.

VileCreature
Making moves

Unnecessary, harmful, just straight up not what i switched to firefox fori

If see it implemented (even as a turn on option) its migration time again 

bengerman
Making moves

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

Every response I've seen from Mozilla employees here seems to make it clear that you're going to disregard any feedback you get that doesn't sound like an endorsement of this feature, so including this preemptive thanks rings pretty hollow to me.

Please, do not do this. If I wanted an LLM, there are so many ways I can get one right now thanks to every single company drinking this Kool Aid. I don't need it to be baked into my browser. It has nothing to do with my browser. My browser is an agent for fetching web pages.

I use Firefox because it seems more privacy-focused, standards-focused, and user-focused than the alternatives. Adding a lying machine sorry, "AI" to Firefox makes it clear that Mozilla is not committed to any of these things.

Please, be the one company that can look back in 10 years and say "man, glad we didn't jump on that bubble"

Regalli
Making moves

I have no desire for this feature whatsoever and it would make me consider using other browsers despite being a Firefox user for well over a decade. No, just no.

maritime_memory
Making moves

No thank you!! Im personally happy that firefox has no AI(it seems like) and id like for it to stay that way!! 🙏🏾

goatexx
Making moves

Hi! Please don't do this!

ralphward458
Making moves

Please don't, the lack of AI is one of the main reasons I made the jump to firefox.

Zauberbah
Making moves

As an information and knowledge management professional I recommend people use Firefox as their browser over other offerings and suggest it is worth contributing financially to the maintenance and development of Firefox. As evidenced by initiatives such as this, Mozilla seems intent on making it so that I (and others like me) will no longer do so.

anqi
Making moves

please don’t.

no one’s asking for it, we all want it gone already.

NeonC
Making moves

If we're copying other tech companies, copy the Opera tab stacking, not this AI **bleep**.

Akino
Making moves

Knock it the **bleep** off. Have you not seen the catastrophic feedback to everything else adding AI slop to their programs?

velociraptors
Making moves

I switched to Firefox recently to avoid the AI creeping into Chrome. If it makes its way here too, I'll leave just as quickly agaub,