Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your feedback on the AI services experiment in Nightly

asafko
Employee
Employee

Hi folks, 

In the next few days, we will start the Nightly experiment which provides easy access to AI services from the sidebar. This functionality is entirely optional, and it’s there to see if it’s a helpful addition to Firefox. It is not built into any core functionality and needs to be turned on by you to see it. 

If you want to try the experiment, activate it via Nightly Settings > Firefox Labs (please see full instructions here). 

We’d love to hear your feedback once you try out the feature, and we’re open to all your ideas and thoughts, whether it’s small tweaks to the current experience or big, creative suggestions that could boost your productivity and make accessing your favorite tools and services in Firefox even easier.

Thanks so much for helping us improve Firefox!

3,162 REPLIES 3,162

jbirduser
Making moves

Please, please, please remove this. Firefox is the only option left WITHOUT AI. Its the best alternative we have to NOT USE AI. Please shut this down asap.

alexlemire
Making moves

Do not do this.

catboylesbianz
Making moves

NO NO NO WE HATE AI

sadbean609
Making moves

nononono no. Hope that helps 🙂 

d_willowleaf
Making moves

Mozilla you are the last line of defense, do NOT falter to AI now. Please. Adding AI will make Firefox a worse browser while people look to you as a beacon of hope against the wave of Chromium. I'm not kidding. Don't do this. Please.

IamParadoxic99
Making moves

do not do it, it's so easy to not

VanillaNice
Making moves

Firefox has remained a beacon of independence from many things that other browsers like Chrome force by default. The fact that something like this is even being considered is very upsetting and the continued negative impact that AI is having across the board, by allowing AI even so much as a crack in the window the ability to force that window open fully grows immensely. I do not see any application where AI benefits the users overall and not doing damage to our privacy. This is a hard no from me.

Firebelly
Making moves

100% NO

impethically
Making moves

Please keep AI as far away from Firefox as you possibly can. Firefox is great and generative AI is (and always will be) terrible, and anybody who's done math can tell you what happens when you multiply a positive and a negative. Keep it away.

HollowKin89
Making moves

GET THE **bleep** OUT WITH THAT AI BULL**bleep**TT NOOOOOOOOOO

THE LACK OF **bleep**TY AI FEATURES IS WHY I USE THISS AUGH

uhhhhmanda
Making moves

Please please please keep "AI" as far as possible from Firefox. 🙏

wracksquid
Making moves

Waste as much time & resources as you'd like on this garbage. If you want feedback: just keep it disabled by default (and extremely easy to disable if it accidentally gets turned on), and it won't bother me unduly.

tezz
Making moves

Please dont. Good god every AI company is inherently unethical and desperate to get more training data any way it can. If someone actually wants to use an AI for whatever idiotic reason let them go to the AI site or make an extension.

bluu
Making moves

Please, no.... No one wants this. I use Firefox because it DOESN'T have this

Polymorf_Pal
Making moves

Waste of time, money, and resources chasing an over-hyped tech trend.

goldenophanim
Making moves

Firefox has always strived to be transparent and respect its users. Generative AI is so far from those values it's not even funny. Please reconsider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not do this. Do not put AI into Firefox. It's nearly impossible to find a online service without it, please do not implement it onto one of the only safe AI free browsers out there.

yuisensei
Making moves

F AI. Please don't ruin Firefox with AI. Come on, I'm so tired of this AI crap everywhere. No one wants this lol

Ms_Ardvarrk
Making moves

I really do not find AI helpful for most things and the impact on the environment doesn't make it worth while. I very much belive that Mozilla will survive better by not using it.Preview

A_Bear
Making moves

No No No please no I started using firefox to ESCAPE the scraping and privacy violations rampant in AI tools found in other browsers. Please don't go down this route.

locus
Making moves

i will never want "a.i." or LLMs or GenAI built into my browser. i want my browser to browse webpages, not send data to OpenAI or anyone else in the background. i will definitely be doing searches now for things like "firefox fork without LLM AI" sigh.

rzienaven
Making moves

Frick no

gme
Making moves

I DO NOT WANT ANY FSCKING AI CHAT SH!T IN MY FECKING BROWSER. Firefox used to be the browser that actually cared about it's users' privacy and web experience and then something happened. You guys have gone batsh!t crazy insane with all the cr@p you're adding to the browser. Fecking hell.

Why do you hate your users so much?

EdnaScissorhand
Making moves

I will neuter the person who suggested this with my clipper shears. No

UltraGreen17
Making moves

Please no, it is unnecessary and the lack of features such as AI is the reason why we choose Firefox and support Mozilla. I, and likely many other users, avoid using any products or services that utilize AI in any way.

haventhefrog
Making moves

""AI"" is an extremely unethical, not to mention environmentally damaging technology which has absolutely no place in any mozilla product. Firefox is currently the only remaining browser that doesnt limit you for ad revenue, please, don't force this on your loyal customerbase.

tdm
Making moves

girl do not do this to us and yourselves. we're using firefox because it's not pulling the same bs as everyone else. start pulling that bs and we'll leave.

Samahiel
Making moves

No, thank you.

Tbarya
Making moves

Absolutely hate it, no, never, please no. I will literally leave Firefox after over 15 years over this.

Daleth50
Making moves

AI chat can be a useful tool sometimes however it would be nice to be prompted if you want it to be enabled or to keep it disabled. Probably make it an extension would be the right way. 

torijo
Making moves

Please don't make us Mozilla users complicit in this! You are throwing the Mozilla name behind a "technology" that is clunky, environmentally wasteful and a pale imitation of human capabilities. Generative "AI" by nature requires scraping and analyzing a hell of a lot of data and should have no place in a browser/foundation that's supposedly privacy and data control focused.

Places AI has a use: Medical research to detect cancer from scans. Deep-sea exploration to more easily find different creatures in hours of video footage. These are examples of projects with limited, tailored usage and actual benefits to humanity.

Places AI should NOT be: in the sidebar of a browser so people can fart around and amuse themselves online. If people can't use Firefox without AI, the problem is not "Firefox doesn't have AI," the problem is pop culture is obsessed with a technology that is going to fizzle (for the general public) like NFTs or Beanie Babies.

TinyGamerTris
Making moves

NO AI. Not now, not ever. We don't need it, we don't want it, NO.

genderplasma
Making moves

Hi,

Beloved Firefox user here. It is too early to implement AI features with the stage of progress it is in. At the moment all AI can do is make terrifying images and paragraphs of nonsense that can result in misinformation and death. It is terrible for the environment. Please do not waste your money and time on any AI features for Firefox. There is no real use for it yet. Please no AI. Please.

Sincerely,

Jack

anyawen
Making moves

i have not tried it. i do not plan to try it. i do not want it. do not do this thing.

kazaam
Making moves

I use Firefox *because* it's not like other browsers. I don't want to see invasive (there is no way for AI to no be invasive) features added to a program I use for it's privacy.

I hope the amount of people reaching out to reply to this and the amount of upvotes they're getting is proof that this is a flash in the pan feature no one wants.

Tech jumped on crypto, then that crashed. Tech jumped on nfts, then that crashed. AI is the newest tech grift that'll look embarrassing to those that participated in a few years time. Don't throw away your credibility by embracing it.

ArtieFacts
Making moves

This is a terrible idea and i would advise against adding AI on the current model. It is made from stolen data, which would reflect poorly on Mozilla's commitment to safe browsing. It is wasteful with water and electricity in a time we can't afford it. Please do not adopt the current available AI.

Inventorjack
Making moves

I've been a fan of Mozilla for many, many years. Your browser, django tutorials, and ethics on web-related issues have been top-notch.

But this is just a really disappointing development. 

Be better. Please. For the sake of the Internet. 

Anibyl
Making moves

It's really unnecessary. I hope it doesn't make it to the release version.

Nopro263
Making moves

No, dont integrate ai into firefox, even if it is not in the core. You'ld be able to make it a add-on if you really want to. And if it needs greater access than any other add-on, you shouldn't put it in firefox

H_Josie
Making moves

I see no compelling reason for this to be a feature built into Firefox. I think that AI does have its place in the world, but due to the many issues with LLMs/Chatbots, such as data scraping concerns, sky-high energy and water usage, many privacy issues, and their tendency to 'hallucinate,' there is no reason that they should be anywhere near a web browser. That's insane.

This seems like an ill-advised attempt to ride the same bandwagon as everyone else is riding. Firefox has been my #1 browser of choice for years precisely because the people behind it genuinely seem invested in providing a streamlined, efficient, no bull**bleep** browser that does what I want it to, no more and no less. If I need something else, the modularity provided by community addons makes it easy to customize it the way I want. Mozilla/Firefox's brand identity is built on being different, and better, than its rival Google/Chrome- This effort to be the same as every other browser erodes that identity, and with it, any reason to use it over its competitors. I'm genuinely curious if any significant portion of Firefox's userbase has actually been asking for these integrations, but by the other responses to this thread, I'm going to say no. No one wants this.