cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

- Random characters generated from keyboard to mozilla firefox

Dangocap
Making moves

- Random characters generated from keyboard to mozilla firefox - Keyboard is OK every place else.... Having to use MS EDGE at the moment... Zone alarm turned off.

5 REPLIES 5

enginEAR
Making moves

This happened to me with the latest FireFox 116.0.1 (64-bit) update over the last few days on my desktop and a laptop, both configured quite differently from each other.

In fact, pressing the same key multiple times produces different characters as if typing accross the same row of keyboard keys from left to right, then down to the next row once reaching the end. For instance: qwertyuiop[]\asdf etc. All other applications other than Firefox work correctly, as has FireFox for the last decade or so.

Ver 116.0.2 does fix the problem, and yes, I was and am still using Zone Alarm Keylogger

enginEAR
Making moves

This happened to me with the latest FireFox 116.0.1 (64-bit) update over the last few days on my desktop and a laptop, both configured quite differently from each other.

In fact, pressing the same key multiple times produces different characters as if typing accross the same row of keyboard keys from left to right, then down to the next row once reaching the end. For instance: qwertyuiop[]\asdf etc. All other applications other than Firefox work correctly, as has FireFox for the last decade or so.

jscher2000
Leader

Firefox 116.0.2 was released today to resolve the conflict with the ZoneAlarm Anti-Keylogger feature:

When you get a chance, could you test and confirm that you can use the Anti-Keylogger feature again with the updated release of Firefox?

Mroadking
Making moves

The update was installed and the problem has been resolved. No more random characters and I am using Zone Alarm again. Thank you for the valuable assistance.