cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPA and Opt-in

John6
Making moves

Sad to find out today that you are now trying to sneak something unwanted like PPA into Firefox without asking for consent.

Disgusted that you are trying to sell it as an improvement and to justify why it is opt-out instead of opt-in which is absolutely should/has to be.

Worried about the future of Firefox and Mozilla - you reputation and your privacy-protecting nature of your software is the only justification for your existence. Mess with this and find out.

Cheers,

John

PS. Mozilla Connect is an awful way to to give/collect feedback. There should be an easier and anonymous way with less hurdles.

3 REPLIES 3

techfox
Making moves

Exactly. Pathetic decision. Again.

DevBo
Making moves

All good things must end, including Firefox. Very disappointed the same company that sends me emails about protecting privacy and seems to discourage tracking is implementing this as opt-in. Tired of the way tech is moving. Guess I have to make my own browser, but honestly I would take Meta's money too.

flozza
Making moves

I have to say, I'm also pretty disappointed. Firefox is my main browser and I stay pretty up to date with tech news. I even knew Mozilla had acquired the ad-tech company, yet it still took me a month to find out about this setting having snuck in.

Most of my privacy settings are pretty maxed out. I have Do Not Track enabled, Tracking Protection is set to Strict. What would make you think that this setting should be opt in by default on a user who has clearly chosen Firefox for its approach to protecting user's data?

Please reconsider this approach and at the very least add more nuance: Check user's other privacy preferences, or ask them on startup what they would like to do. I had no notice of this whatsoever and that's not okay. You are a user agent so please act on my behalf, not anyone else's.