cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned tabs lost with new update 07-07-23

tizzybt
Making moves

For the complaint department... the page that had all my pinned tabs vanished with the latest update. I know this has been an issue before, but now that it happened to me; I am royally PO'd.

4 REPLIES 4

jscher2000
Leader

Sorry to hear that, they definitely should not be lost. Could you check the History menu for "Recently Closed Windows" and see whether anything listed there has your missing pinned tabs? If "Restore Previous Session" is available, click that first, then the older windows should become available.

Any luck?

Thank you for your help. No. Restore Previous Session wasn't visible in History. Recently Closed Tabs/Windows seem to be missing the pins I had. I went through a weeks worth of History and was able to get them back.Thanx.

MikeBermel
Making moves

Same with me.
After upgrade Firefox to version 115.0.2 (64-bits) / Linux, I lost all pinned tabs (Again).

How can I have a backup from pinned tabs?

@MikeBermel wrote:

Same with me.
After upgrade Firefox to version 115.0.2 (64-bits) / Linux, I lost all pinned tabs (Again).

How can I have a backup from pinned tabs?

Pinned tabs are stored in the session history file with other open tabs (and some amount of recently closed tabs). Firefox creates a snapshot when it installs an auto-update but because of the way  package manager updates work on Linux, you might not find that. (And either way, there are several steps to using that file. For example, see: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/1412923

If you generally keep the same tabs open, I suggest bookmarking them as a backup. You can bookmark all tabs in a window using Ctrl+Shift+D, or you can multi-select the tabs then right-click > Bookmark Tabs. Either way, Firefox should let you create and name a new folder for that group of tabs. If you need to open them in bulk in the future, right-click that folder and choose Open All Bookmarks, or display the folder contents and use the Open All in Tabs item at the bottom.