cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my tabs are being crowded out by 'features'

jobmckee
Making moves

My viewing window is probably narrower than average, and with ~5 tabs, real estate is tight. However, instead of increasingly narrowing tabs, there are several other non-removable buttons that I will never, ever press - because I use ctrl+tab/ctrl+shift+tab to navigate from tab to tab. As a keyboard-preferring user, these mouse tab buttons are perfectly useless to me, and merely hog space that my tabs could be occupying. Please, is there some way to get rid of these superfluous arrows that appear? I count three of them, and I am considering downgrading browsers to solve this 'problem.'

Sincerely,

a frustrated power user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

If you right-click the Plus sign and choose Customise Toolbar you can drag it away.

The down-pointing thing can be removed by setting browser.tabs.tabmanager.enabled to false in about:config.

You can hide the left and right arrows as well as the Minimise, Maximise and Close icons at the extreme right with this custom CSS:—

#scrollbutton-up, 
#scrollbutton-down,
.titlebar-min, 
.titlebar-restore, 
.titlebar-close {
  display: none !important;
}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

If you right-click the Plus sign and choose Customise Toolbar you can drag it away.

The down-pointing thing can be removed by setting browser.tabs.tabmanager.enabled to false in about:config.

You can hide the left and right arrows as well as the Minimise, Maximise and Close icons at the extreme right with this custom CSS:—

#scrollbutton-up, 
#scrollbutton-down,
.titlebar-min, 
.titlebar-restore, 
.titlebar-close {
  display: none !important;
}

You are blowing my mind, especially with that ninja edit. Thank you so much!

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

Glad it worked for you.  I had to work things out a bit as I've never had enough tabs open to have seen the side-pointing arrows.