cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is browser.urlbar.quickactions.enabled gone from Firefox?

gabeweb
Making moves

Hi there,

Is browser.urlbar.quickactions.enabled gone from Firefox (Nightly 127)?

gabeweb_1-1714325642924.png

I hope it's temporary, because how else, simply, can you restart Firefox if there's no "shortcut," and it's not a third-party extension?

If so, Vivaldi Browser would take the throne for Best Browser, but it is Chromium and better not.

4 REPLIES 4

jscher2000
Leader

Well, that sent me down a rabbit hole...

QuickActions are not going to be launching in the form they were initially tested. Instead, it seems they will be folded into a more general design for Secondary Actions that is currently in development.

In about:config, the old browser.urlbar.*quickactions* preferences were replaced with browser.urlbar.secondaryActions.featureGate -- which may or may not enable useful, non-broken functionality at this point. If you test it, could you report back on how much of the experimental functionality remains?

----

@gabeweb wrote:

I hope it's temporary, because how else, simply, can you restart Firefox if there's no "shortcut," and it's not a third-party extension?

If by simply you mean without finding obscure things, you would have to exit/quit Firefox and then start it again yourself.

Hi, thank you for this answer.

I currently have browser.urlbar.secondaryActions.featureGate activated, but at the moment I don't see it doing anything, at least not in the current version of Firefox Nightly, we would have to wait for a next version or more details about it (because there is no other option for the Search function too).

siffemcon
Making moves

You can bookmark about:restartrequired or click the about:profiles 'Restart normally' button

Hi,

You can bookmark about:restartrequired

Maybe a "temporary" solution.

or click the about:profiles 'Restart normally' button

This is valid too but too many steps 😅