cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I do not upgrade my hardware!!!

BobKlahn
Making moves

Why is this forum so complicated?
Why does an email message with a link to respond come up with a notice that Firefox 116 requires Windows 10 and asks if I want to use Firefox 115? I hated windows 10 so I am using Windows 7 on a Dell E6430 and it suits my needs. So I have Firefox 115 installed, so just run it, don't ask me If I want to on every single message.

1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Does the message come up if Firefox is not running, and clicking the link starts Firefox? Otherwise, I'm not sure what link would trigger that message.

For Windows 7 users, your regular release of Firefox 115 is supposed to switch to the Extended Support Release of Firefox 115 (not to Firefox 116). Many users are reporting that this is happening automatically. If your Firefox mistakenly downloaded the update for Firefox 116, you may need to delete that to get rid of the nagging. I suggest posting the problem on the Mozilla Support site. They have a team of support volunteers to troubleshoot malfunctions with your currently installed version of Firefox, while this site is focused on idea submissions for future versions of Firefox (looking ahead anywhere from 8 weeks to many months). Here's a link to the new question form (for Windows/Mac/Linux): https://mzl.la/3y1vQUQ