cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used to take screenshots of my udemy.com for my notes - Now the videos goes blank so I can't

Zack401
Making moves

I do not like this. Is there any way we could revert to how it was on older versions of Firefox? I was able to do this as recently as last week, so I think it's something new in FF 122.0

This just makes me really sad. When Chrome implemented the screen-blanking feature over a year ago, I was able to move to Firefox and continue taking screen shots for my notes. This really bums me out. I have given money to the Mozilla project because I thought it was great tool. : (

2 REPLIES 2

sfoster
Employee
Employee

We have not implemented the screen-blanking at the website's request thing. I am able to screenshot udemy videos just fine in Firefox. Can you try again? The current release (127) includes the new screenshot implementation we have been working on so I'm curious if this is fixed for you now.

Zack401
Making moves

Interesting results. So I just tested trying to screenshot a video on Udemy.com using Firefox 127.0 (64-bit). It worked fine.

For the past many months I had been using FF 115.7.0esr (64-bit) just because it seemed to retain the screenshot functionality that the mainline branch seemed to have lost. Now it seems like the mainline branch is working again. So.. I'm not sure what that means, but I'm very happy that it's working now. So I guess this ticket can be closed.

Thanks for following up!