cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable icon of private browsing window on taskbar using about:config?

Progress2000
Making moves

I know this has been discussed many times before but the old approaches like changing browser.privateWindowSeparation.enabled to false and browser.privacySegmentation.windowSeparation.enabled to false no longer work in the latest nightly version 127.0a1. Are there any new workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jscher2000
Leader

There is another thread on this where the news is that restoring this option is in development now:

But I don't know whether that means imminently or in the July major update, etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

blakew18
Making moves

According to Robert Longson's reply on bug 1897421, "I'm afraid that feature was removed." That's what he said.

In that logic the users who use this feature should remove firefox from their systems!

Remember 127 RC will be released on 11 June, so lets see how general users react.

I never understand why Mozilla decided do separate the icon of private browsing window. No other browsers I know do this. The decision would make most users confused and I feel the disadvantage is much greater than the advantage.

Remember how I said wait until the general users get 127 RC? It turns out they hate this as well and as such Mozilla are bringing the single icon back.

c25375
Making moves

In all seriousness, I've been using Firefox since pre-1.0 nearly exclusively and this is going to result in a browser change.

I am -incredibly- saddened; I've recommended Firefox to -so- many over the years and spent countless hours configuring extensions and such, but changing near-core functionality with -zero- public explanation is inexcusable (though commonplace); I've lost a LOT of faith in the Mozilla team after this.

I realize I'm probably in the minority and shouting into a void, but man; Firefox is one of the few things that's always been a constant in my life and I'm really, really sad that it's come to this.

jscher2000
Leader

There is another thread on this where the news is that restoring this option is in development now:

But I don't know whether that means imminently or in the July major update, etc.