cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox doesn't work with some utility company websites. Why? Examples are: Tracfone and Fontier

davidlilebrown
Making moves

3 REPLIES 3

Honza
Employee
Employee

Hey @davidlilebrown,

can you please provide URL of the pages that don't work when loaded in Firefox? Plus some instructions helping use to reproduce the issues on our machines, thank you!

Honza

davidlilebrown
Making moves
For both Tracfone and Frontier, using Firefox allows you to log in, but then it fails to allow you to go to the next level, like pay a bill, renew your plan, etc.  Firefox doesn't "play nice" somehow.  Most other utility companies do not have the
same problem.  Some have to "fix" their web sites to work with Firefox.  Some, like Frontier, don't get around to it, don't care, whatever.  Most people use apps on dumbphones, so they don't care about people using
desktop computers.

If you use Edge as your browser, all is fine.  Tracfone and Frontier both work with Edge.  The question is, what do you do differently that fouls things up making transfers to the next level?
You should fix Firefox so that companies do not have to do anything special to "tolerate" you.

This is the login screen to Frontier:

This is the login screen to Tracfone:

As I said, I CAN login, but try to select a function from there, and you get a message that says something like "Hmmm, we can't seem to find that...."  Or it makes you log in again, over and over.

David Brown

glennw9
Making moves

This is an old problem with Firefox, and I see it is still happening. I want to like Firefox, but man, you make it hard to like you. A good example of this problem is on Binance.us website. Go to their login screen, and put any userid and password in the login field. You'll notice that the "log in" button never becomes active (you can't click on it), however I can go to any other browser and repeat this, and the "log in" button becomes active and I can click it. So, in effect, Firefox is preventing me from accessing many things on the web. Remember, this is just one example of many. Why can't Firefox play nice? I don't see any excuse for this behavior from a browser. Others have figured it out, why can't you?