cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizable Top Bar, Home Page Themes, and Custom Home Page Backgrounds

Suggestions4Me1
Making moves

Hello Firefox  developers!

I was brainstorming some ideas to make Firefox a better place, so here's my idea.

FIRST IDEA: Allow users to be able to change the orientation of their top bar without the hassle of installing extensions. To get a visualization into your brain, it's like unlocking the taskbar on Windows 10 and moving it to the right let's say.

1: Some people may not like their taskbar on the top of the browser, so they may want to switch it to the left of the screen, just like what Arc does. Right now, this is only possible with extensions. However, by adding this feature, you can just either go to Settings --> Change your taskbar's orientation, or Right Click --> Orientation. This is good if you're:

• Used to a browser with the tabs organized in a different style other than the top, which helps new users get used to Mozilla Firefox easier.
  • They're a certified top bar on the top hater
  • If they want extra customizability without the hassle of installing extensions
  • And some other reasons why.

But now, let's get on to suggestion number-two!

As of my latest check on Firefox, you're only able to choose a few premade backgrounds. Even though the ones Firefox currently offers are good enough, some users may want their own images. Maybe a Sakura tree, a The Matrix-themed background, or something among the lines of that. However, this is currently almost-impossible to do, so why not add a way to add your own custom images to Firefox? Adding this feature will allow users to add their own "spices" into Firefox's infamous home screen, allowing users to spread their creativity around.

Firefox, please let people use their own .pngs, .jpegs, or any other image format for home page backgrounds. It allows users more freedom on the page that they may get greeted at on startup.

But speaking of the home page, why not add home page themes? I got this idea slightly inspired by Addons, a feature in Firefox that allows users to customize their top-bar, but only their top-bar. Just shed some light on the home page by adding a new "Home Page" category for addons! Here are some reasons why this feature will be a good add to the roster of features Firefox has:

• Users may think that Firefox's existing home page is too bland for them, so they can turn to the Addons section for new themes that customize everything about a homepage: The background, how the Shortcuts look, and more.
  • This feature makes Firefox feel like a space where everything is customizable and online, so if a user has zero thoughts on what they should make their home page look like, they can just go to the Addons store and find a home page addon.

Those are my three suggestions and why they should be added to mainstream Firefox. I'm happy for feedback and constructive criticism from other users of this amazing browser! In fact, I switched Chrome for it, and have never turned back.

Have a good day! 😉

1 REPLY 1

Agentvirtuel
Contributor

Hello

@Suggestions4Me1 wrote:

choose a few premade backgrounds

Take a look at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1464995

userContent.css, another illustration url(about:home)1.png

@-moz-document url(about:home) {
    .click-target-container *, .top-sites-list * {
        color: #fff !important ;