cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change threaded vs unthreaded globally

JEarlAnderson
Making moves

I've used Thunderbird for years.  I'm now using 128.1.1, which frankly doesn't seem any better, really, than previous versions like 115.  But I really don't care for threaded messages, especially since that is the defaults, and I don't like that you have to change to unthreaded folder by folder.  There should be a global way to choose whether you want your messages threaded or unthreaded, and have that choice propagate through all of your folders.  If there is one, please someone let me know about it.  

If there isn't, there *should* be!  At least that's what *I* think. 

Take care!

1 REPLY 1

ThePillenwerfer
Familiar face

I absolutely agree.  I only moved from Thunderbird 45 a few weeks ago when MicroSoft made OAuth2 compulsory.  115 has a few advantages and a few disadvantages so overall neither better nor worse and I've no intension of 'up-grading' from that 'til I have to.

As for getting rid of the execrable threads, press Alt-v and the choose 'Sort by' from the drop-down menu that appears.  At the bottom of the list that appears is 'Unthreaded.'  That will only affect the folder you are in at the time though.  To make it global click somewhere on the top line of the list of messages.  A column of options will top up.  At the bottom is 'Apply current view to...'  Hover over that and then 'Folder and its children' then the account name then the account name again in the next box that pops up.  See attached screenshot as hopefully that will show it clearer than I can put it in words.

You'll still have to do it for every account you've got. 

Ease of use (or at least ease of doing things Our way rather than Mozilla's) certainly doesn't get better with new versions.