cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the way how 'refresh firefox' works or change its name other than refresh

Duncream
Making moves

My firefox recently crashed, then I was prompt to refresh firefox. After that it deleted all my tabs and windows. From a casual user perspective, I thought it would do as it says, not a whole format of tabs. Either please change the name or change how refreshing works. Because down the line similar users will experience this mistake.

4 REPLIES 4

alannsandiego
Making moves

yes the should call it a reset, because that is what it is. so do not customize Firefox OK!

jscher2000
Leader

Sorry to hear about losing your session. A successful Refresh should bring your tabs over, but it will reset your toolbars and add-ons. In case of problems, the old data should be on your Windows/Mac/Linux desktop in an "Old Firefox Data" folder. You can submit a new question on the Mozilla Support site for help using the files in that folder if the Refresh didn't work correctly.

Most people would learn the hard way that a Refresh damages you Firefox installed. I would never use a refresh as I do not have time to reinstall more than a dozen extensions and I would have to make a list of them; to bad Firefox does not ask you if you want to reinstall each one. lol. refresh is useless; same as uninstall and reinstall.

To bad Firefox does not allow you to select the extension to reinstall then it might be useful