cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not sign into banking web page with Foxfire.

mrader2022
Making moves

My bank recently sold and has been bought my a credit union.  I can not sign into the site using FoxFire.  It works good with chrome, but I don't like or use chrome.  Is there a fix.

M. Rader

4 REPLIES 4

jscher2000
Leader

What happens when you try to sign in? For example, is there an error message? Does the page cycle to a different page and then back as though you didn't even try? Something else?

One potential issue is Total Cookie Protection. Site that use a different server for authentication may not be exchanging information between the sites in a manner allowed by Total Cookie Protection. More info in the FAQ: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/total-cookie-protection-and-website-breakage-faq

Gijsbert
Making moves

When I try to sign in, (FireFox Windows 10) the site opens for a few seconds, then the screen gets a grey transparant cover and I can't do anything. This problem occuts for over a year and the bank (it's where I have an account) can't help. Maybe you can. Browser Chrome works fine, but I use FF always. Excuse my English.

@Gijsbert wrote:

When I try to sign in, (FireFox Windows 10) the site opens for a few seconds, then the screen gets a grey transparant cover and I can't do anything.

Sometimes a translucent overlay was intended to focus your attention on a message, such as a form for subscribing for special offers, or a form to accept cookies or new terms and conditions, etc. Add-ons that block ads or deal with other kinds of overlay messages sometimes remove the content in the overlay without actually restoring full functionality. So my guess would be that one of your add-ons needs to be turned off for that site.

Thanks JSCHERR2000, I think you are right concerning the Adds. I blocked F-Secure, Malwarebytes and a VPN Addon. The grey overlay has gone! The problems with my banking are not over, but you can't solve that. Thank you very much.