cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bugs in Ffox for pc re: tabs

HomerHossa
Making moves

I'm posting this here because your procedures for reporting a bug are overcomplicated.

The whole setup to get into Bugzilla is confusing.

You're clearly trying to be an open and open minded community which I applaud. But that whole aspect needs to be more welcoming for non experts.

The bug itself : for months now I've experienced that with some 20 tabs open, when switching tabs and clicking on one, it's not that tab which is shown but an older one. Very annoying

Every time an update comes I'm hoping it gets fixed but it doesn't.

More recently a new bug has arisen and that's me losing all open tabs. My history isn't erased but all open tabs are gone, even if my settings don't allow for it. Very, very annoying

Any tips on how to reconstruct them ?

Do note I'm not an experienced user and I don't enjoy tech talk. I'm overwhelmed by this forum and its settings as it is already, so please don't reproach me if I haven't done right by the rules of an overcomplicated forum. Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

HomerHossa
Making moves

One thing that's confusing :

first I get in here without needing to establish a password. You just send me mails. Fine.

Then trying to use Bugzilla I do need an account. The starting page isn't welcoming or helpful.

I try to establish an entry but then I'm offered to use a Mozilla account.

So is that the one I'm using here ? If so why can't I access Mozilla as I'm already logged in here.

If you're going to overregulate, then at lease make it easier. For instance, why can't someone just write some guidance for newcomers on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi

e.g. to explain why two separate accounts are needed

or to explain how both accounts correlate or not.

I had already been here years ago and I immediately get this sense over harrowing overpowering again.

Do be more welcoming for simple people trying to help you with a simple bug report.

Or I will indeed go elsewhere.

Yes I am really emotional and annoyed by this. And yet I am no fool.

See also : trend reports about people getting fed up with overcomplicated digitisation.

Much appreciation for the Mozilla community nonetheless.

OK with some delay I was able to get into Bugzilla ... only to feel excluded by overcomplication, see screenshot.

Why are creating all these barriers ? Let people report first and organise the taxonomy later.

HomerHossa_0-1724313383998.png

HomerHossa
Making moves

By now I've tried two options : password retrieval to Bugzilla and creating a new account.

In both cases I'm warned a mail has been sent to me.

I didn't get either, not in the spamfilter, not anywhere.

I'm giving up.

HomerHossa
Making moves

So : a really bad experience

- re: the bug itself (tabs)

- re: various sorts of accounts & the confusion that could have been avoided

- re: trying to report as imple bug & the overcomplication.

My conclusion : not coming back here anytime soon.

Do be more inclusive for simple people.

HomerHossa
Making moves

Also : I don't care for all these badges. I'd rather see the time invested in badges invested in pages that are more welcoming and explanatory re: the issues flagged in my resuming mail. Bye.

jscher2000
Leader

@HomerHossa wrote:

The bug itself : for months now I've experienced that with some 20 tabs open, when switching tabs and clicking on one, it's not that tab which is shown but an older one. Very annoying

Every time an update comes I'm hoping it gets fixed but it doesn't.

Could you explain this in a little more detail. What I'm wondering is, when you clicked the tab you thought was going to be something specific, and it wasn't:

• Is the Forward arrow on the toolbar available and, if so, does it take you forward in the tab's history to the page you are looking for?
  • If the Forward arrow is not available, is it an earlier page you remember visiting in that tab, or is it a completely different tab and the one you were expecting doesn't exist?
  • Does it seem like a graphical glitch that Firefox changes the toolbar area, but the content area doesn't change to match?

Does either of these menus have the missing tabs?

• (menu button or menu bar) History > Recently Closed Tabs
  • (menu button or menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows

More recently a new bug has arisen and that's me losing all open tabs. My history isn't erased but all open tabs are gone, even if my settings don't allow for it. Very, very annoying

Any tips on how to reconstruct them ?

I assume you don't have this available:

• (menu button or menu bar) History > Restore Previous Session

Are you able to restore any closed windows using either:

• (menu button or menu bar) History > Recently Closed Windows
  • Ctrl+Shift+N

As a general suggestion for quitting Firefox, to ensure a full restore of regular (non-private) windows, use the menu command:

• Windows: menu button > Exit or (menu bar) File > Exit
  • Mac: menu button > Quit or (menu bar) Firefox > Quit

Any progress so far?

Finally, regarding Bugzilla, I will leave that to others to assess.