cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying issues with Firfox(PC)

LaoKei
Making moves

I have been using Firefox for more than 5 years and have found the following problems that degrade the user experience:

• The function of dragging bookmarks into folders is very stupid and difficult to operate, and the tree structure disappears as soon as you drag it.
  • The download function is also stupid. When downloading pictures in batches, there are often pictures that fail to download. I even don't know about them. When I open the download management, there is no function to sort by failure status or time. Not only that, the pictures have already been loaded on the page. Right-clicking and saving as still fails, Chrome doesn't have this problem.
  • A switch should be added to automatically check for updates, and a pop-up box will always pop up when using it.
1 REPLY 1

jscher2000
Leader

Could you describe the problem with dragging bookmarks in more detail: are you using a drop-down menu (either from the menu bar or Bookmarks Toolbar), or the Bookmarks Sidebar, or the Library ("Manage bookmarks") window?

How do you download pictures in batches? When a download fails, an exclamation point or some other badge should immediately appear on the Downloads button on the toolbar. However, if Firefox downloading a lot of files at once, since the drop-down list has a limited number of items, perhaps the badge gets cleared after a few successful downloads?

You can control whether Firefox auto-updates or checks/notifies using a setting on the Settings/Preferences page. I'm not sure whether you are looking for that setting, or you do not like the way the notification works. (On Linux, this setting often is overridden by the package manager. You could check a forum for your distro for tips in that case.)