cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After latest update, finishing playing video in this site may result in crash of the tab

User668
Making moves

This video website called "bilibili" is popular in China. It was functioning properly in previous versions of Firefox. However, when Firefox updated to 129.0, there are bugs. When a video is finished, Firefox will flicker one time and the tab will crash and display nothing (as in Picture 1). In the meantime, other tabs of this website will also crash, showing a loading icon (as in Picture 2). This happens very often. Because this site is in Chinese, if you need help in translation, I'm happy to help. I'm providing this link of a short video for example for you to check: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1ASvZeEEMm/

4 REPLIES 4

User668
Making moves

I found that others reported the same problem too. It seems that only AMD graphics users are having this problem. Also, when you disable hardware acceleration in Firefox, the problem is gone. However, this is only a workaround because it will make the browser slower.

donaldslack
Making moves

Thanks for reporting this, User668! We're aware of similar crashes with bilibili on Firefox 129.0. To help us investigate further, could you tell us what operating system you're using? The details you provided about the crashes and the example video are very helpful. Also, if you've encountered any issues with GiftCardMall Mygift, please let us know so we can assist you.

Hello, I'm using Windows 11 23H2, version 22631.3958. The crash is easy to reporduce in most videos. There are other users that met the problem, and we are all using AMD integrated graphics or discrete graphics. My driver is the latest AMD Adrenalin Edition 24.7.1, but others with older version driver also have the same problem.

Hello again. I checked just now and the problem seems fixed, I don't know whether it is Firefox 129.0.1 update I just received or bilibili that fixed this bug. Anyways, thanks!